Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #1

Pursuit 30FW creaking when entering and walking

My wife and I have a 2017 model as mentioned in the subject header. Our last trip out, after a few days, we noticed that when we entered the coach and when we would walk around in it that there would be a creaking sound from underneath. We have the Lippert automatic leveling system. I should also add that we were parked in a paved campsite. I retracted the leveling gear and then re-leveled the coach, which caused the creaking to stop. After a few days, however, the creaking started again.

Fast forward to home. We have a very level gravel area where we park the coach. We extended the landing gear to do some unpacking and then later to return to the coach to pack for our next trip. I went out tonight as I need to take the unit to a local propane company to fill the tank tomorrow. When I entered the coach, immediately I could again hear the creaking. I retracted the leveling gear and waited for the light on the panel to turn off. Interestingly, when I exited the coach, I did not hear the creaking.

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or had encountered this problem. Thanks!
jdzuber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #2

Creaking

JD

Perhaps trying a spirit level when the coach is auto-leveled. The lelelers may not be calibrated and the coach ends up off-level causing the problem.
LSI has a calibration proceedure to insure the coach is level.

We have. 2018 30fw and not experienced any problem.

Bob
Bcook01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #3

Thanks! I will try using a level when I next auto level. Do you have a link to the calibration procedure? That would be awesome!
jdzuber1 is offline   Reply With Quote