Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #1

Pursuit 30FW - The saga of the slide....part deux

Old thread too old to reply:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...de-111159.html

So as these things seem to go, my slide issues have been coming back and getting considerably worse over a year and a half after the factory repairs were made. Severe binding on both ends alternately and no rhyme or reason for what was causing it. Wrestling with it and some aggressive pushing on the slide would get it to go out, and it always seemed to come back in without to much issue. Finally though it jumped a tooth in the back on the lower track and after a second trip jumped two more and was now out of alignment To the point that there were 4 plus teeth visible on the lower track in the closed position.

Enter Tim Buss, who answered Nate Hedges direct line at the Coachmen plant on a Monday morning. (Tim apparently has taken over Nates former spot and Nate is elsewhere in the factory). He looked up my info and in a series or emails and photos over the next two days got me in touch with J&L RV Repair in Fontana CA. Even though they are booked solid through 1st quartere next year Joe the owner agreed to get me in less than a week later and repair while I wait. Tim sent a potential replacement part and a Joe used it alone with some parts he had in stock to realign the slide, replace some damaged track and correct the problems. Bottom line, the slide now is tighter on the bottom rear seals than it was when I bought it brand new.

Overall, Tim is cut from the same cloth as Nate, and I don’t know where Coaachmen finds people like them, but I am delighted they are there. Customer service first!

J&L RV Repair is a family owned op just outside Riverside area in CA, and I only wish they were closer to me in the San Diego area. In an area of very poor customer service Rv repair places, and dealers that wont help anyone they haven’t sold a unit to, Joe seems to care for customers and the quality of his work above anything else. He has earned my respect and business in the future.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue with my slide, time will tell. The saga continues.....
scotttkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
WDW

Both are awesome gentlemen. Nate moved over to the factory service center. With his knowledge and family legacy that was the best choice Coachmen / FR could make.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #3

It is great to hear positive outcomes. Thanks for sharing.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #4

Could you post this gentlemens info for me, I'm still under warranty and have some lil things I need some help with.
Thanks
52chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52chevy View Post
Could you post this gentlemens info for me, I'm still under warranty and have some lil things I need some help with.
Thanks
I don't see what Coachmen you have, but here is a link with all of the Coachmen factory contacts:
Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

AL
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #6

2019 coachmen pursuit 29ss....thanks so much!!
52chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide