Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #1

RV Research

Greetings,
We are in the process of researching motor homes for our upcoming retirement.
We owned a Coachmen travel trailer more than 20 years ago, but have been out of the RV life for quite some time.
We are looking at Class A 30’ coaches (if the wife can drive it, Class C if not) without slides, we are looking in the used market and have found a 2004 Coachmen Mirada 300Q.
Looking at the pictures I see no leveling system.
My questions to the group are.

How is the Coachmen quality, especially on the older rigs?

Is the Mirada a good first Class A?

How does one level the coach without a leveling system.

Is it worth it to have one added or should I look for one with a system already installed?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Gary
santanig5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5 View Post
Greetings,
We are in the process of researching motor homes for our upcoming retirement.
We owned a Coachmen travel trailer more than 20 years ago, but have been out of the RV life for quite some time.
We are looking at Class A 30’ coaches (if the wife can drive it, Class C if not) without slides, we are looking in the used market and have found a 2004 Coachmen Mirada 300Q.
Looking at the pictures I see no leveling system.
My questions to the group are.

How is the Coachmen quality, especially on the older rigs?

Is the Mirada a good first Class A?

How does one level the coach without a leveling system.

Is it worth it to have one added or should I look for one with a system already installed?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Gary

I can’t say enough about Coachmen , they are great company, I have never been treated better from any manufacturer. I have a Concord Class C , my wife can drive that but she will not even try to drive a Class A. As far as the leveling system you do want one for sure, no more blocks and time trying to get yourself level, you just press a button, if you looking at after market figure around 4000.00 to have one installed, it’s well worth the money, I wouldn’t own a unit without one anymore, I guess I’m spoiled. I think Miriada uses the big foot system, you can call them and they can quote you a price. You might have a problem trying to find one with out slides. All there class C have slides, and all resent Miriadas have them that I know of. There quality is really pretty good, but buying used it will be how it was kept up. But you will not find a better company then Coachmen.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote