Old 07-26-2019, 04:20 AM   #1

Seeking info Leprechaun 260DS

We haven't camped and are not in an RV as of yet, but plans are afoot with this model.

I would be interested in comments and usefulness regarding the Wifi Ranger now offered in this unit.

Additionally, if anyone has installed solar and the quantity and type of panels on the roof and battery amps anyone has managed to fit. I can't seem to find any 26's or 260s locally (lately) on which to gather this information from. Likewise, there doesn't seem to be pictures available anywhere that I have looked, either.

Also any experience with the sofa vs. recliners. I have some cervical fusion issues that precludes much sideways-seated viewing of video displays.

DW and I plan on doing a lot of dry camping in the west. I envision our cab-over area will be storage.

DW is concerned about access to the fridge and sleeping without the slides being extended. I'd just be happier with a wider shelf for my CPAP. lol

Old 07-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #2

To respond to a couple of your questions, we mistakenly got the jackknife sofa. Wish we would have did a bit more homework. Will be replacing with some kind of recliners. The bed is folded when slide is in, not useable till slide is out. To use microwave or stove slide needs to be out refer and toilet access with slide in.
We use the room over the cab for storage . I also have a cpap and there seems to be enough room. Our only complaint really is the jackknife sofa and that’s our fault. We have put on 6k so far and still happy with our decision.

Stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #3

We love our 2018. We also have the sofa and are thinking of recliners. I think for the size the layout is great and we have plenty of room for DW and I. We have 26000 on and have been out 65 days at a time and never felt it was to small. We don't tow and rent cars if we need to. May take it to Indiana to get recliners but not sure where. Next year Alaska. Safe travels to all.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
We love our 2018. We also have the sofa and are thinking of recliners. I think for the size the layout is great and we have plenty of room for DW and I. We have 26000 on and have been out 65 days at a time and never felt it was to small. We don't tow and rent cars if we need to. May take it to Indiana to get recliners but not sure where. Next year Alaska. Safe travels to all.
Been trying to find a place . Called Williamsburg furniture, and was told had to check with Johnson distributors . They are remolding so have not made contact. We are trying to match upholstery. If you find a source please let us know where.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 PM   #5

Sure will. Hopefully our good friends on this forum will have some recommendations.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 AM   #6

I don't know how or why I came across this place on one of these forums, but fwiw, I have this place saved on my Streets map, just down the road from the Coachmen factory: Lambright Comfort Chairs, L.L.C. - Furniture Sales - Topeka, IN
Old 08-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearn View Post
Been trying to find a place . Called Williamsburg furniture, and was told had to check with Johnson distributors . They are remolding so have not made contact. We are trying to match upholstery. If you find a source please let us know where.
Went to Shipshewana In. area and stopped at factory and they only sell to dealers Williamsburg wont sell direct. Lambright was really nice but we thought pretty pricey but very high quality so we didn't do anything at this point. I probably should have had our local dealer order it from the factory and we could have picked it up and had them install it when we got back home. I think Williamsburg make it for Coachman. Where is Johnson distributers located?
Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #8

Just talked to lady atWilliamburg furniture. I was calling to see if Johnson distributors were open ? She said didn’t look good. She suggested going thru an Rv parts store.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearn View Post
Just talked to lady atWilliamburg furniture. I was calling to see if Johnson distributors were open ? She said didnít look good. She suggested going thru an Rv parts store.
Ugh. I am going to talk to my dealer next.