Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #1

Service Manager Doesn't Follow Thru

I purchased a 2012 Coachman Mirada and I needed 2 pictures. (I am fixing a damaged area). Here's the log

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 11:22 AM
To: Tim Buss
Subject: RE: parts help B0A08316

Do you have a contact person I can call to ask a question about how the side is built. I'm hoping someone c an snap a picture of the completed framing-driver side door area, before they put the siding on. Thanks,

Tim Buss (tbuss@forestriverinc.com)
To:you Details
I would be the contact on this. The walls are laminated before they come to the plant. I will try and get over there today and get a picture for you.

Thanks,
Tim Buss
Coachmen RV Class A Division
Warranty/Service Manager
Direct Line: 574-825-8212

NOTE THE DATE AUGUST 22ND.

I have politely emailed and left a reminder message every day. At first I would get a " I haven't made it over there yet". now I don't even get a response.

IS THE COACHMAN SERVICE MANAGER ALWAYS THIS UNRESPONSIVE. I would have never bought this Class A if I knew I wouldn't be getting any help!

Anyone have an idea of how to get Coachman to Follow through instead of just ignoring the request?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #2

Hi,

All things considered, I'd give him a little slack.

They may not be running your model's panel right now. He might have forgotten he was about to go on vacation before the holiday. Maybe he got sick. Maybe FR corporate hauled him off to some unscheduled task or event.

I agree some interim response -- even one that says I'm tied up unexpectedly and will get your pictures when I can -- is better than nothing. And it's possible you are working to a schedule that makes this time sensitive. But I take it as a good sign he made the offer in the first place. Perhaps give him another week or so?

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
Old 09-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
WDW

If you think public humiliation will get you what you need, good luck.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #4

Didn't think of it as public humiliation. I just wish folks would do what they say they'll they will do or at least provide a response. I don't think that's too much to ask.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #5

Rv

Sorry to say the Good old days have come and gone. I have had issues with a couple well known service centers even after spending a few thousand and finding most of the work was not done correctly. Only then to be told there were 22 units before mine could be looked at and not sure when.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #6

Hi Larry,

The second part of what you say is understandable. It's posting on the internet this way that sort of catches the eye.

Forest River does not operate this forum. Insofar as we know, the corporation doesn't have any formal monitoring system in place to identify and respond to issues like yours when posted here. So messages like yours can give the appearance -- even if that is not the intent -- of trying to pressure or humiliate by public exposure.

I credit you as having good motives in a time of frustration. Perhaps you weren't aware that this isn't a particularly effective venue to use in pursuing this problem.

Good luck on getting the information you need for your project.

Rich Phillips
Old 09-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #7

If I spent $250,000 on a MH, I'd make the dealer sign a separate personal services contract to fix mine first and best to MY satisfaction anytime I asked.

LOL

(seems that's the only thing that would satisfy most folks..............just MHO)

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 09-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #8
Dahagen

Larry,
Yes, it has almost been two weeks, but give him a little slack. He may have a lot of things going on. AND...as a former service manager for a major US electronics company, if you nagged me every day I wouldn't rush to help you either. The squeeky wheels drove me nuts and I tried to ignore them!
Old 09-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry and Rebecah View Post
Didn't think of it as public humiliation. I just wish folks would do what they say they'll they will do or at least provide a response. I don't think that's too much to ask.
Public humiliation or not, I wouldn't wager a frankfurter that anyone from Coachmen service ever comes to this forum site. You might not have seen the disclaimer at the bottom of every page:
"ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions."

Here's hoping someone here has a better/higher contact for you.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 09-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #10

I have been on both sides of the coin. We have experienced numerous problems with our 5th wheel. Most are small things but we have had some big ones. I contacted forest river direct on some things, they were cordial and helpful. The response was as expected and once above board. Other times it was due to parts unavailability or the local dealership couldn't do it right away. I even had problems on the road and things went well. It was frustrating at times trying to get things done locally. Most of the time it was the dealership tying things up. I am also frustrated though. I would love to get schematics of wiring and such, only to be told they were not available. It seems that they want the dealerships over burdened with work. When your rig is newer, you don't want to just start drilling holes and tearing away moulding without some knowledge. Things are sooooo much different in the RV ,world. Goood luck with your needs. I understand your frustrations. Big dollars, lousy service.
Closed Thread

Tags
service