Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2016, 12:21 AM   #1

Slide Noise on 2015 Mirada 35LS

We have a new 2015 Mirada 35LS that we really like. But we get a "binding, snapping noise" from the area of the front of the driver's side slide whenever the road is not perfectly smooth. Dealer said wall is flexing and is investigating if he can do anything about it. Has anyone else experienced this? Were you able to get it fixed? Thanks.
JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:45 AM   #2

I have a 2015 Mirada 29ds ,mine made the same noise brought it to the dealer 5 times and they couldn't find the problem,I went online to see how to lube the slide mechanism,so I did that and the noise went away ! So I would give that a shot
LaVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #3

The dealer actually removed the slide and checked everything out. Said the slide was installed one cog off. They corrected & reinstalled - no improvement. Nate at Forest River had conference call with dealer and Schwintek and a new generation slide mechanism is going to be expedited to dealership from Schwintek. We'll see if that helps.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #4

I hope you get it resolved , I would like to know how you make out, Rick
Old 04-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #5

Well the new generation Schwintek mechanism did the trick. My service advisor at Giant Recreation World related that the Schwintek rep told him there was an issue with the gears moving against each other and the new version stops that. It's a totally different coach now. My thanks to Nate, my dealership and Schwintek.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #6

Nice, I hope that's your only issue !
Old 05-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #7

I also have a 2015 Mirada 35LS and it's made "binding, snapping noise" ever since the day we bought it from the area of the front of the driver's side slide when driving down the road
It was to the point of driving us crazy
Watched a video on YouTube how to lube RV slide out went and got me a can of spray lithium grease spayed it like the video showed and NO more noise it's like having a whole new RV
Kenkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #8

I also have a 2015 Mirada 35LS and it's made "binding, snapping noise" ever since the day we bought it from the area of the front of the driver's side slide when driving down the road
It was to the point of driving us crazy
Watched a video on YouTube how to lube RV slide out went and got me a can of spray lithium grease spayed it like the video showed and NO more noise it's like having a whole new RV
Old 05-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #9

As you can see from the above post, the cause of the noise on my unit was the relative movement of the slide gears. The latest and greatest hardware cured the problem. But I agree that we should lube the mechanism on a regular basis as I don't think it's real robust. I'm going to go back to that video as I think they recommended a specific lubricant.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #10

Slide Noise on 2015 Mirada 35LS

Yes they do
They use CRC power Lube with PTFE
My parts store could not get CRC brand but they got me a WD-40 brand with PTFE

Tags
noise, slide