Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2021, 12:20 PM   #1

Trailer Brake Controller Wiring Under Dash 2019 Chevy

Anyone know if the Chevy chassis has the wiring under the dash or in the cab for a trailer brake controller? I want to use one of the wires that should run to the 7 way for a towed brake light monitor. Do such wires exist and where would they be located?

TIA
Dave
bikerdavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
First Rate Primate

My guess is that if it has a Forest River installed hitch and connection for trailer lights, the aire you seek will be there.

My Mercedes Sprinter had brake wire from the 7 pin plug roughed in up under the driver's seat. It also had brake light signal wire ran to that location. They were marked as shown in the thread linked below.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...bs-214706.html
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:13 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum!
What unit do you have? It will help us be able to offer some guidance.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #4

On my 2017 Chevy the wire I needed was the “pink “ wire . I have 26dsc Leprechaun. I called Teksonsha support to find what wire and where to find it. They were very helpful , I have the Prodigy .
I have been told some are pre wired mine was not !
Stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
Welcome to the forum!
What unit do you have? It will help us be able to offer some guidance.
Thanks. 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 270QB - Chevy 4500 chassis.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearn View Post
On my 2017 Chevy the wire I needed was the “pink “ wire . I have 26dsc Leprechaun. I called Teksonsha support to find what wire and where to find it. They were very helpful , I have the Prodigy .
I have been told some are pre wired mine was not !
Thanks. I am trying to determine what wire I can use as a carrier for my towed brake indicator light. It's a small LED light that activates when the towed vehicle brakes are applied while towing. I found the trailer bake controller wires under the drivers floormat. There is a dark blue wire labeled TRL FO AUX CIR. I found it under the driver side floormat and I find a wire of the same color/thickness at the 7 way. I have power at the 7 way on the dark blue wire when the towed brake indicator is powered. No power at the dash location. One thought I had after chasing wire all afternoon. Could the dark blue wire be on a fused circuit and no fuse in the fuse box? I thought that a possibility. I doubt GM would out a fuse in for the circuit when the wires were just bundled and taped. No idea if that circuit is fused but I'll take another look tomorrow.

Tags
brake control, controller, trailer, wiring