Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #1

water pump issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Or.....just start your thread like...."Hello ! I have a 2018 Cherokee 304BS and I have a question about...this."
Hi Gang, I have a Class A 2017 Forest River Pursuit Model 30FW and I need to retrieve my frozen (?)water pump and rebuild or replace. Have to find it first.
Came back from New Mexico and had no time to Winterize because of cold weather that greeted us in Indiana upon return from a 4month hiatus. Has been too cold or raining to get to work. Presently working on LP Regulator full of LP liquid. I have contacted Camco for info on whether to install my new regulator higher up than center of horizontal tank that is below vapor layer. Questions that need answering.
Thanks in advance
Bytesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Bytesponge,

We would be happy to assist you with your Pursuit's water pump. Please contact Tim Buss in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
Bytesponge,

We would be happy to assist you with your Pursuit's water pump. Please contact Tim Buss in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
Answered Direct Link to Tim Buss.
No word yet.
Dug into waterpump issue, found it behind the drawers to the left of kitchen sink. Removed drawers and drawer frame to gain access. Large vinyl covered bag with one velcro opening gives access to pump lines and area. I need to take pictures because one line is kinked and heater tube crosses over area.
Problem may be kinked flexible line. Haven't used pump much because we are usually connected to full hookups. Next step, get out the ole camera and post pix. Later all
Old 03-28-2019, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytesponge View Post
Answered Direct Link to Tim Buss.
No word yet.
Dug into waterpump issue, found it behind the drawers to the left of kitchen sink. Removed drawers and drawer frame to gain access. Large vinyl covered bag with one velcro opening gives access to pump lines and area. I need to take pictures because one line is kinked and heater tube crosses over area.
Problem may be kinked flexible line. Haven't used pump much because we are usually connected to full hookups. Next step, get out the ole camera and post pix. Later all
I thought I found the pump by following the photo of class A piping schematic on website. Still no pump found, and haven't heard back from Direct representative Tim Buss?? I have noticed the reason for the vinyl coated bag covering pipes and wires. It covers a direct route to outside when slider is extended. Also. kink in hoses almost disappear when slider extended. Furnace is directly next to this area, so no allowance for pump installation there. I'll keep looking. Wish me luck.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:28 PM   #5

Water pump location

I have same year make and model, my primary water pump (can hear it throughout the coach when running water with pump switch on) is under the outside kitchen sink. There is a second pump there that pumps out the outside sink, but you will see it when you pull out the drawers. There is also an access panel there. We had issues with loose fittings on the primary pump, good idea to check them out. Will save you a flooded outdoor kitchen and wood damage from same.

Tim Buss is very good to work with, call his direct line and leave him a voicemail if he doesn’t pick up.

Good luck.

Scott
scotttkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #6

Found pump outside

I found pump under outside kitchen sink yesterday after following water lines from fresh water tank to outside vicinity. I pulled the panel (two screws) below the sink and voila there lies the water pump and macerator pump for outdoor sink. Removed water lines and pump. Removed filter to clean and wasn't dirty. Tested pump after removing and worked fine momentarily. I will hook up water lines and test further. At least the pump works and is not damaged as far as I can tell.
Still no word from Tim Buss. I filled out the contact form direct again to no avail.
Well, I tried and finally solved my own problem.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttkd View Post
I have same year make and model, my primary water pump (can hear it throughout the coach when running water with pump switch on) is under the outside kitchen sink. There is a second pump there that pumps out the outside sink, but you will see it when you pull out the drawers. There is also an access panel there. We had issues with loose fittings on the primary pump, good idea to check them out. Will save you a flooded outdoor kitchen and wood damage from same.

Tim Buss is very good to work with, call his direct line and leave him a voicemail if he doesn’t pick up.

Good luck.

Scott
Thanks for your reply Scott. Wish I had seen this sooner. It would have saved my tearing up the kitchen area. Have you seen that vinyl velcroed bag under the sink area? Seem like a crude way to solve a problem? As you can see in my post, the pump seems to be ok so far. I will test it further before re-installing. It makes more sense that the pump would be placed in a spot with better access. Thanks again. Please let me know of any other light bulb ideas we may share as owners of similar rigs.
Thanks again
Old 03-29-2019, 08:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Scott. Wish I had seen this sooner. It would have saved my tearing up the kitchen area. Have you seen that vinyl velcroed bag under the sink area? Seem like a crude way to solve a problem? As you can see in my post, the pump seems to be ok so far. I will test it further before re-installing. It makes more sense that the pump would be placed in a spot with better access. Thanks again. Please let me know of any other light bulb ideas we may share as owners of similar rigs.
Thanks again
By the way, Scott my pump blew a fuse and wouldn't run, so i couldn't hear the sound of pump and where it was coming from.
Thanks again.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #9

Quote:
By the way, Scott my pump blew a fuse and wouldn't run, so i couldn't hear the sound of pump and where it was coming from.
Thanks again.
I will share one thing and that is making the ladder at back of rig sturdier if you are interested. It seems that most RV ladders I have run into (not literally) are poorly constructed. Also, they constantly loosen after using them. I really overdid the rebuild on my 2004 coach, but found it necessary to fix my 2017 ladder as well. It's my butt on the ground if it fails and I didn't trust it.
Later
Old 03-30-2019, 02:33 PM   #10

link for Coachmen contacts by division

Try this to reach Tim Buss directly

I have always used his direct phone and he either oicked up or called me back within hours. Good guy.

Contact Us | Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes
scotttkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #11

This is great service.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttkd View Post
Try this to reach Tim Buss directly

I have always used his direct phone and he either oicked up or called me back within hours. Good guy.

Contact Us | Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Your experience must of been different than mine. Tim Buss was absolutely worthless when i contacted him. Then he flat out told me stuff that was wrong technically, when the manufacturer confirmed that he was wrong he stopped calling and emailing me. Guy was clueless. I asked him 4 times to have his boss call me, that was in Oct 2017 and i'm still waiting.
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote