Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #1
Beanbag

What can you tell me about Concord?

I understand the 2022 Concord is being totally redesigned and we can find out more in December.

I’d like to know from those owning a Concord what you think about it? Are you happy with the build and what model do you have?

Thank you
Wingwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #2

We own a 2018 Concord 300DSF that i purchased used this year. I have owned several motorhomes / Trailers in the past. The last previous one being a 2018 Forest River Sunseeker.
We selected the 300 DS after a few years of research. Reasons:

long kitchen in DS model.
wanted E450 van chassis to have front crash airbags and front cab doors
van chassis easier to get worked on vs class A
wanted low overall height.
wanted sleek rounded sides and aerodynamic overhead cap without bunk.
we prefer gas over diesel. Smell, noise and purchase cost
Coachmen still has reasonable CCC
like rounded sleek overall exterior look.
dual front swivel chairs and front cab mini table
large livingroom space
main floor all one height and only small drop into cab
bathroom doors opens up to shower to give larger bathroom.
While bed is in slideout you can still sleep in it with slide in, bed doesn't fold
Serta bed mattress
all access to RV with both slides in
removable carpet rugs in living room, bedroom and cab.
No appliances in the slides.
slam latch cargo doors, although cheaper version
full body paint
big window in rear and big windows in kitchen
Big foot auto leveling. I feel so good everytime I hit that button
rear suspension air leveler bags.
for such a long motorhome it drives well even stock.
I have been over posted speed limits in Texas and very stable.

What we don't like:

wish was a couple feet shorter, overall length for parking access
300DS has dual grey tanks with shower and kitchen sink both to same grey tank, that fills in a couple days dry camping-- a couple members are working on a fix option.
Wife would like a conventional oven separate from microwave.

We have seen an article in motorhome magazine a few months back that claim the 2021 model was to have changes and showed a sketch. I think that showed the bed moved to the camp side of the unit. So far we have not seen any new model pictures. MHSRV and a couple of other Dealers we checked with said that can't guarantee any delivery dates due to Covid, so we bought the 2018 cause we liked the exterior color.

If I had my choice I would have the closet slide out and the bed remain stationary. I also wanted to try and get the new 7.3 V8 vs the V10. The V10 is okay, I have a 5star Tune on it. We will be full timing in this unit and have done a month so far in this unit. We have the fireplace, although we would prefer the cabinet space option instead.

If the 2022 came out with the redesign I liked, I would consider a trade into a new unit, but numbers would have to be good as I do like our current 300DS. We did have a TPO roof fail after purchase and feel it was a manufacture defect. The dealer and I still in argument about that. The motorhome has good with everything else with only little latch issues, nothing major. We really like it and feel it is on par with other motorhome manufacturing. They all have little trade offs.

Hope this is kind of info you are looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4552 (2).jpg
Views:	232
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	242889  
Old 11-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
Beanbag

Hi Roddor, WoW, that has to be one of the best most full bodied response I think I’ve ever seen. I could not thank you enough for it.

I’ve been very impressed by the Concord for the reasons you stated. I hope in the redesign they do things to enhance what makes it special and not try to reinvent the wheel.

My primary interest with this thread is to hear from owners like yourself if you’re happy with your purchase, which you so aptly did. I have found the Concord refreshingly different from the crowd. And a Class C with some real class inside and out.

Love that full body paint and would not have a motorhome without it! Beautiful looking Coach that’s for sure!

So pleased to hear from you Roddor,... If you have more to say I would love to hear it!

HJ
Old 11-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #4

Our other contenders were Phoenix Cruiser and Coach House but we couldn't find a floor plan we liked even though they were a little shorter. Other items were higher price. Phoenix Cruisers have good quality interiors, maybe a leg up on Coachmen. Some also were down on tanks sizes and lower CCC. Always trying to find balance between quality build, length, weight and CCC.
We wanted the good looking sleek class C or B plus as some call it and it is a small segment.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:46 AM   #5
Beanbag

When you say:
”We have seen an article in motorhome magazine a few months back that claim the 2021 model was to have changes and showed a sketch”.
Do you by any chance still have that magazine and could post a picture of the sketch?

I assume the new Concord will have two floor plans like before but that’s just a guess?

Thanks again for your posts,

HJ
Old 11-12-2020, 03:05 PM   #6

I am still looking for the magazine to see the sketch again. We are shutting down a house and moving back to the motorhome, so i've got a lot of stuff packed and haven't located it yet.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #7
Beanbag

Don’t worry about it Roddor, you don’t need to add that with all you have going on. But than you just the same.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #8

Located.

Motorhome Magazine October 2020 page 40. 2021 Sneak Peek new model year.

This more resembles the current 300 TS vs the DS, not sure if it is going to be an only one model offering.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5070 (2).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	242920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5071 (2).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	242921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5073 (2).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	242922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5072 (2).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	242923  
Old 11-12-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
Beanbag

Thanks so much Roddor, I must say I hope it’s not the only offering.

It looks like with the amount the bedroom slide goes out it requires a folding bed, a deal breaker for me. And because the dinette is not on a slide the passenger seat will not swivel, another deal breaker for me.

I guess we’ll know more in December. But as it looks right know if I’m getting a Concord I’ll being looking for a 2021 300 DS.

Thanks again Roddor...
Old 11-12-2020, 05:28 PM   #10

One of the other Concord Owners posted some inside information about the new Concord, or at least that it will continue production. I don't recall who it was, but if they can chime in. Or a search may find it.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #11
Beanbag

Hello again Roddor, I did a search to fine who had previously discussed the new concord but no joy. I also just signed up for a year of Motorhome Magazine thinking I could see the October issue you showed above. If it's there I sure couldn't find it. I sent the magazine a message asking them about it and will await their response. A member can see back digital issues right?

The pictures of the floorpan you sent is pretty blurry and hoped the magazine would clean it up?

HJ
Old 11-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #12

I just cancelled my subscription as going on the road. Got the paper magazine and never attempted to access electronically. The floorplan diagram is small and was having a hard time getting it to focus. I think I agree with you about the bed folding. Also the clothes rack is perpendicular to unit vs parallel like the current Concord, which I think equals to wider closet. Currently The bed actually touches the other wall when in and it is already only 74 inches long. While in though it doesn't block access to drawers or closets, its just under them.

I would say MHSRV in ALvarado Texas has the best prices going on Concords. I bought mine used there, but did not like how I was treated by them and their service department, when I had a roof my TPO roof failure 300 miles after purchase.

Here is a link to a blue one that is similar to mine at Camping World in Alvarado. I think the blue was only a special color in 2018 at select dealerships. I have only seen them for sale in Florida and Texas.

https://www.rvt.com/Coachmen-Concord...61255-UX224394

We looked at this one after we bought ours and the wife liked the interior colors better than our unit. I think they were overpricing it, and I didn't want to trade into it with the numbers they were offering. I see they have gone down in price since what they offered me.

Have heard of a lot of bad reviews buying from Camping World though. I have had them do service work for me and so far they have been decent, but not the greatest.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:13 PM   #13
Beanbag

Thanks again Roddor, you always have great information. I’ll await the information on the 2022 Concord to see if they have more than one floorplan? I don’t know I’ve ever seen a coach with just one?

If the Concord 2022 will not work for me I’ll either look for a 2021 300DS or new Esteem 29V. It’s not my favorite floorplan, that would go to the Forester 3011DS. And I really don’t need or want a bed over of the Esteem. But it’s one of the better builds out there it seems to me.

HJ
Old 11-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #14

If you get to see the new Concord plan please share, id like to see it too.

I was actually looking at a new shorter Forester before my Concord purchase. Something to keep in mind is if you order it brand new you can order it with a "trekker" front cap. It deletes the overhead bed and puts an aerodynamic cap and entertainment in the overhead. They are very rare to see. Not as clean looking cap as many in my opinion. It was reported to have the angle cuts in it to cut down the wind noise.

Not trying to be a know it all, but I have done research for about 3 years prior to my purchase and you look like your looking at a lot of the same things.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #15
Beanbag

Hey Roddor, A friend of mine just spoke to someone at Coachmen and was told Initially only one floor plan. And that others would be added later, maybe 3 or 4 more.

He asked other questions but the above was all they would comment.

HJ
Old 11-13-2020, 02:07 PM   #16

Good info to know. Something to look forward to. Hope they don't jump on the new trend of splitting the bed.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #17
Beanbag

I’ve only seen that on shorter coaches. You’ve seen it on 30 footers? I’d not like that at all any more than I like the folding beds. My gosh they have some of these bed slides going out so far it’s like sleeping outside the Coach.

HJ
Old 11-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #18
Beanbag

Hey Roddor, I must admit how very impressed I am that you are the only Coachmen Concord owner in the US... How you pulled off such a feat I may never know but it's impressive none the less! It's either that or all other Concord owners are so displeased with they're purchase they refuse to discuss it? Now that would put you in an entirely different category I might add! Why do I say this you ask?

I was lurking around two of the major RV forums today and was not surprised to see that questions were asked about the Concord a good number of times. To my surprise however, not a one had a response from a Concord owner.

That you have shown your willingness to communicate and even helpful is things books are made of...

Thank you your Concord-ness,

HJ
Old 11-13-2020, 11:03 PM   #19

Thumbs up

Well thanks for the nice comments. I'm not sure how common Concords are. I don't see them that regularly at RV parks, more like occasionally. I will say that there are some great knowledgeable Concord owners here. I was told a group of them got some 2016 year models together and there are some good tech write ups in the forums by some of these guys. They are probably mostly set with their rigs now. I'm fairly new with mine so I'm in the middle of improvements.
If you are not aware there is a Concord owners group that you can go to or join. I was told most of the group members post in the regular forums, but the group will show you who owners are and some posts under the group. I did a snip of the ten members that show up on my page.

If you log in and go to the pull down "community" tab at the top under "social group" you can do a search for Concord. It should get you to that group and you can join. I'm still new to joining the forums so not sure how to do everything yet. Hopefully the other owners will chime in, because from the posts i've seen they seem to be very knowledgeable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	concord owners group.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	243015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Concord group avatar.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	243016  
Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #20
Beanbag

2022 Concord...WoW

Here's a better picture of the floorpan know as the 321DS.

Note the washer/dryer in the bedroom with King bed that is not a folding bed, its a Schwintek Bed Tilt. The Concord now looks like it has a nice size toilet area too. No window but it's sure a good start and the 24x36 shower ain't bad either. The kitchen seems a little iffy with not much counter space but it coming out on the side of the coach should help. I hope it has a splash guard? What do you think that circle is to the right of the range?

I'm happy to see the pantry and hope the refrigerator is at least 10CF. The pantry is more important to me than a larger commercial style. The free standing table and chairs is interesting as well. Got to figure a way to make that a sleeper as well. Good luck right?

I also have it on good authority that the Concord comes with two low profile air conditioners and 50 amp service. Did you see that? Yes indeed 50 amp service. And did you notice the basement is 103 CF? That's crazy large basement space.

I'm sure looking forward to seeing the real thing. And you heard me say washer/dryer? Man oh man, do you think maybe they vented that puppy? At a $160,000 MSRP it isn't cheap and I can't help but wonder if that's the price with few to non options. Or does it have the same list of options that can run it up into the $175's in a hurry? Not sure folks will pay that kind of money for a Class C?

HJ
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022 Concord floorplam 321DS.pdf (96.4 KB, 197 views)