Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

Winterizing advice

Im about to winterize my 2011 mirada. In the daybreak i had i could draw the antifreeze from the jug with a hos located in one of the compartments by using the pump. Is there suc a thing in the mirada?
mlynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #2

That's how I do it with our Encounter. I disconnect the pump inlet side and connect a hose to it that came with the coach. I put the other end into the bottle of antifreeze and turn the pump on with the switch in the wet bay.

Don't forget to drain the water heater and set the WH for bypass operation.

I made a list of tasks associated with winterizing if anyone wants to see it; also a diagram of bypassing the HW although that's fairly simple really.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #3

I have a 2013 Mirada 34BH.I can not find a fresh water tank drain. It has three valves to drain low lines.Will that also drain the tank?
mikeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
I have a 2013 Mirada 34BH.I can not find a fresh water tank drain. It has three valves to drain low lines.Will that also drain the tank?
I believe you have two white and one red. The red is the hot water side line, one white is your potable water tank and the other white is the cold water side. I put an air line on the city water inlet attach an air compressor set at 45 pounds and open each line one at a time until all water is blown out. Then once air line is disconnected I open all faucets and put 3 gallons of antifreeze in each tank and in the P traps.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nshort View Post
I believe you have two white and one red. The red is the hot water side line, one white is your potable water tank and the other white is the cold water side. I put an air line on the city water inlet attach an air compressor set at 45 pounds and open each line one at a time until all water is blown out. Then once air line is disconnected I open all faucets and put 3 gallons of antifreeze in each tank and in the P traps.
I haven't tried the air approach, I pull the antifreeze in through the inlet side of the pump which then pumps it through all the lines. Following that I pour some in each drain to fill the traps.

How do you get the water out of the pump? Air won't blow straight through the pump I thought. Am I wrong?

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #6

You are very right that the "blow-out" method does nothing for piping between the FW tank and the pump, or the pump itself. (I think a lot of us are only ever connected to city water so it isn't a problem.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post

I haven't tried the air approach, I pull the antifreeze in through the inlet side of the pump which then pumps it through all the lines. Following that I pour some in each drain to fill the traps.

How do you get the water out of the pump? Air won't blow straight through the pump I thought. Am I wrong?

Roll
Do not know the answer but I've used the air compressor technique for the last several years and never had an issue. I've thought about moving the water pump down like you did and mounting it on an isolastic neopreme sound mount. Just have not got around to it.. I have installed the first dimme on the living area lights and I get about 50% dimming. Had to send the remote control one back for a replacement as it had a short. Should be back soon I will install it as soon as it arrives and post two videos for comparisons. Also have ordered the two types of flourescent light replacements. The looser will be used at the sink, I will post video on those also.

Denis

Tags
winter, winterize