Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #181

For the list. Our Aviator is 1939. (Naviator and I)

2013 Aviator Electra
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
and a chihuahua named Daisy
SharkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:27 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkGirl View Post
For the list. Our Aviator is 1939. (Naviator and I)

2013 Aviator Electra
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
and a chihuahua named Daisy
Aviator owners list

Originally Posted by cjearle2
CJeale2 Alabama #1912
Blackhat6Mike Georgia #1919
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator and Sharkgirl South Carolina #1939
Kenhwy61 Minnesota #1908
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah
Obyz21-South Carolina
Alkemy-South Carolina
Bridge707
Snowtosurf California WF#1953
Powerhaulic New York

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #183
cjearle

Okay I am for real this time getting my Aviator back on Tuesday! Finally!!!!! Bankston found more repairs that needed to be done. Some that I had noticed but never acted up for them but finally did. I am missing Jaime and his sweet wife at Bankston. Jaime if your reading this hope your new job is going well, but you are truly missed.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:53 PM   #184

That's great to hear Carol! Glad you found a good dealer. They can be hard to come by it seems. Any trips planned now that you have your Aviator back? Blackhat6mike is heading to Florida and I'm going to west to South Dakota and Wyoming. Can hardly wait!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 05-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #185
cjearle

Hoping to go to NC Mountains over the fourth. Having a hard time finding a camping spot. For sure gong to Godhen in August. My June is already full with not knowing when the camper was going to be ready. With us moving to Nevada. May camp our way thru the Canyons. Hope next year to go to Wyoming. Maybe we can plan a trip next summer and meet up.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #186

We are here at FT DeSoto waiting on you guys. Come on down.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #187
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
We are here at FT DeSoto waiting on you guys. Come on down.
Oh Man wished we had known. Would love to have met up with you guys. We discovered when we got the camper back to Memphis in storage that after 4 hours of driving from the dealer in Huntsville, our 50 amp power cord was missing. The dealer is suppose to ship me a new one. Hope it comes soon.
Hope you had a great time.

Carol
Old 05-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #188

Carol, did the dealer say what happen to your power cord? That's a strange item to just disappear. Its big and heavy and only useful for a 50 amp RV service unless someone stole it for the copper scrap value.

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 07-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #189
cjearle

Power cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Carol, did the dealer say what happen to your power cord? That's a strange item to just disappear. Its big and heavy and only useful for a 50 amp RV service unless someone stole it for the copper scrap value.
We think someone stole it while at the dealer. It was a 30' LED power cord. They looked for it but could not find it. It is a very heavy cord. They gave a power to use until the replacement is delivered. Very frustrating. Plus we got to our camp ground and had to go to camping world. Our Aviator was in worse shape. The power jack did not work, the leveling jack and refrigerator, and the vent fans did not work. So got things fixed that needed fixed but had things that worked before no longer worked. And our power cord of course. Now have a water leak outside under the camper. Will have it addressed at Goshen. All this is so frustrating. Oh and the black and gray water is reversed. Haha
Old 07-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #190

Been kind of quiet with the Aviator's lately so it's good to hear from you, Carol. Sorry you are still having troubles. i hope you gets the bugs worked out at Goshen. Keeping your powerjack covered will keep the rain out, I blew 2 fuses before I bought a cover on Amazon and no more problems since. I just got back from touring the Black Hills, Big horns, Tetons and Yellowstone and thankfully had no issues at all. What a beautiful area of the country!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	av bighorns.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	82568  

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 07-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #191
Rivnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjearle2 View Post
We think someone stole it while at the dealer. It was a 30' LED power cord. They looked for it but could not find it. It is a very heavy cord. They gave a power to use until the replacement is delivered. Very frustrating. Plus we got to our camp ground and had to go to camping world. Our Aviator was in worse shape. The power jack did not work, the leveling jack and refrigerator, and the vent fans did not work. So got things fixed that needed fixed but had things that worked before no longer worked. And our power cord of course. Now have a water leak outside under the camper. Will have it addressed at Goshen. All this is so frustrating. Oh and the black and gray water is reversed. Haha
Are you ready for Goshen? Still want to plan route and onite's?
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #192
cjearle

rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivnut View Post
Are you ready for Goshen? Still want to plan route and onite's?
Let's Rally! We are ready. It was very nice meeting up with y'all at Cumberland Mtn State Park. Also took the route you suggested back to AL. Very nice and Beautiful drive. Much rather do that route than the interstate route. Much more relaxing. I sent you an email we can check in a day earlier if we like. Just need to call. It will be fun following each other up. I am planning on making Chicken and veggie kabobs the first night at the campground traveling to Goshen. Want you and the Wife to join us.I had stated the rally started the 8th. I was wrong it starts the 9th.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #193
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Been kind of quiet with the Aviator's lately so it's good to hear from you, Carol. Sorry you are still having troubles. i hope you gets the bugs worked out at Goshen. Keeping your powerjack covered will keep the rain out, I blew 2 fuses before I bought a cover on Amazon and no more problems since. I just got back from touring the Black Hills, Big horns, Tetons and Yellowstone and thankfully had no issues at all. What a beautiful area of the country!
Sorry have not been on line for a awhile. Been pretty eventful summer so far. Need a vacation. We had a two week camp trip in Aviator. Happy to say on a couple of minor issues. Finally got our power cord replaced. Yes you were in some beautiful country. We really want to go next summer. Will be living in Nevada by then. Really want to take the aviator to Cody, Wyoming. Would love to be able to meet y'all sometime. We are following Rivnut up to Goshen. Leaving a few days earlier to have a relaxing trip only will travel 4-5 hours day. Looking forward to touring the Amish community. Will look for that cover you mentioned. Glad y'all had a great trip.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #194

Been away

Seems like it has been forever since I posted. We have been out a lot this summer traveling locally and camping as often as we can. Wife is finally through all of her cancer surgeries so we use the camping as a way to get away relax and to heal. Since my last posting we have had no new issues with our aviator and after looking at the new "aviator" I don't think I will be looking to move to a new one. We did purchase a new tow vehicle which is the Ram 1500 with Eco Diesel. While tow weights are a little tighter than I would like them to be (meaning I only have about a 150lbs of weight available after I get everything loaded) the mileage is great and I like the idea of the diesel. Hope to see some of you out on the roads one day.
bridge707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #195
Rivnut

To Bridge 707;
Good news for the DW. Hope to see you on the camping trail someday.
Rivnut
Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #196

We are headed up to the Blue Ridge Parkway Aug 1st for two weeks. Boone, NC first and Meadows of Dan, VA next. Just gotta get out of this heat and humidity. August is NOT a comfortable time in SE Georgia. Had to take a crowbar to get my wife away from her business.
We love Bluegrass music and this region has some of the best there is. Stream Trout fishing ain't bad either.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #197
Rivnut

Mike;
You must have missed my question about how to jack an Aviator, staying off the axles of course, there no hard points for a jack. Must change my tires, two have damage.
What did your do to jack yours, I have the Aviator Electra.
regards
Rivnut
Old 07-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivnut View Post
Mike;
You must have missed my question about how to jack an Aviator, staying off the axles of course, there no hard points for a jack. Must change my tires, two have damage.
What did your do to jack yours, I have the Aviator Electra.
regards
Rivnut
Sorry 'bout that, mate. Haven't been on the forum for a while. The axles are mounted on a platform that connects them both. If I were to use a jack [which I wouldn't] I would place the jack under the edge of this unit.
It is far easier and safer to use a "wedge" under the GOOD tire, then pull or back the trailer up till the flat tire clears the ground.
You can buy the wedges from Amazon or build your own out of stacked 2 x 8s. Just make sure there is a platform [flat area] on the top of the wedge and a 2x2 piece at the top edge to keep you from going too far.
This system works much faster and safer than crawling around on your knees and laying on your back to get far enough under to place a hydraulic jack. Some of these wedges are sold as levelers, you add one or two boards to the bottom to make it tall enough to get the bad tire off the ground. MAKE SURE YOU GET IT HIGH ENOUGH TO GET THE NEW WHEEL ON. Hope you are going to "E" rated tires. JMHO
Old 07-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #199
Rivnut

I sure have got to keep your address handy. I need someone to back me up when doing this kind of stuff. I spent 20 years living around construction people, some you wouldn't believe and run the everglades in buggy's into every hole that "could find us". and worked the airlines. I am headed in that direction in fact the jack is under the point you mentioned and the wedge is between the wheels now. This is an expensive toy and I don't want to have to scrap it after bending the frame. I just needed some assurance from someone and I have no one close, I'm in the woods, in fact there is a big bear running up and down the streets of our little community yesterday, haven't seen him today yet.
Enjoy your road trip and hope to see you at Goshen, Bamaganza or down in GA, we travel thru each Christmas to go see the son in Miami.
regards
Charles
Old 07-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #200
cjearle

Found out why the stabilizers, power jack and frig did not work. The inline fuse which my husband said looks like a resister went out. It prevented the battery from charging as well. They had to lower the underbelly to get to it. A 250.00 job for a 5.00 part at camping world. This trip was a pricey one we also did not have our trailer plug hooked correctly to the truck it drug on the road and we lost tail lights. Stopped at Camping world around Knoxville to get it fixed. They charged us 215.00 for a splice job. Yikes!