Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #101
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
Glad to hear from you! I have added you to the list. Now only 62 more owners to be found

CJeale2 Alabama
Blackhat6Mike Georgia
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator South Carolina
Kenhwy61 Minnesota
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah
May have found three more owners. AWF1945 and Bridge707. They had emails. so sent the a note. The third one Bob16747 (I think that is it) does not have an email to contact. Can not post on the Aviator Owner forum because it has expired due to no posts!

This is fun Like finding a needle in a haystack.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #102
cjearle

This is it. bob34787 no contact info!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #103

Some or maybe all of those may have sold their Aviators. Bob did for sure. He traded it in on a Heartland 5th wheel in Florida. Bob was one of the early owners that paid much more than we did. From reading his posts I gathered he wasn't very happy (understandably so) about that. Hopefully you will get a response from the other two.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:45 AM   #104
cjearle

Quote:
Some or maybe all of those may have sold their Aviators. Bob did for sure. He traded it in on a Heartland 5th wheel in Florida. Bob was one of the early owners that paid much more than we did. From reading his posts I gathered he wasn't very happy (understandably so) about that. Hopefully you will get a response from the other two.
Was thinking that from his post. But was not sure if he was able to get out of it. I am sure he was not happy loosing on that deal. I think we are safe with what we paid for ours. But My husband and I love ours. Plan on keeping and doing upgrades on ours. I want to talk with Goshen about putting in a second AC unit. A Aviator owner had Camping world put a second AC on his. I need to go the dealer and measure around my stove so I can order my tin tiles for backsplash. Were you the one that did a Silver tin backsplash? Our TT will be fun to personalize and make our own.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #105

I will save you a trip to the dealer. I used 2ft x 2ft aluminium panels to cover the space. One behind and one to the right side. I had to do a little trimming. I glued them on with construction adhesive. I have only used my AC once so far and it did the job with no problem but temps above 85 are unusual around here.

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 02-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #106
cjearle

Quote:
I will save you a trip to the dealer. I used 2ft x 2ft aluminium panels to cover the space. One behind and one to the right side. I had to do a little trimming. I glued them on with construction adhesive. I have only used my AC once so far and it did the job with no problem but temps above 85 are unusual around here.
Thanks,
Can you send another pic of that. I was looking at 6"x6" tiles. Hope to DIY! I have don't ceramic tile back splash DIY. in my homes. Surely I can glue tin tiles! It gets in the 100's here. and want to go out west that can reach over 100. But may save that till fall or early spring. HAHA
Old 02-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #107

Click on the "concerned almost owner" to link to the thread with the pictures.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r-64480-3.html

Pretty easy DIY mods

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 02-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #108
cjearle

Quote:
Click on the "concerned almost owner" to link to the thread with the pictures.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r-64480-3.html

Pretty easy DIY mods
Thank you! We can now add Bridge707 to the list. He would love to get a aviator Rally going one day!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #109
cjearle

CJeale2 Alabama
Blackhat6Mike Georgia
LorettaYoung Texas
Dshome Texas
Naviator South Carolina
Kenhwy61 Minnesota
Rivnut Tennessee
Rmtaya Utah
Obyz21-South Carolina
Alkemy-South Carolina
Sharkgirl South Carolina
Bridge707

Now 58 more to go

Whoot! Whoot!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #110

Electra Owner

Hi folks. We have owned our Electra for approximately 2 years. It has been back to the factory once for a major water leak that the local dealer could not repair. Brian was there at the time and did a wonderful job taking care of us. Since then we have developed another water leak from the ceiling and lets just say that our dealings with Forest River have not been the most customer friendly. Thankfully our dealer has stood behind everything is we are getting it taken care of. This is the third unit we have owned starting out in an RPOD. I have to say every unit has had problems and I am convinced that anything you tow down the road is always going to have something go a bit wrong so am learning to take care of a lot of it myself. We are located in Hopkinsville KY near Ft Campbell.
bridge707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:28 PM   #111
cjearle

Welcome Bridge707 to our forum! Is your leak only when it rains? Mine leaks when it is a hard rain. I think it is coming thru the side vent from the refrigerator. Have not gotten that far yet investigating the leak.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge707 View Post
Hi folks. We have owned our Electra for approximately 2 years. It has been back to the factory once for a major water leak that the local dealer could not repair. Brian was there at the time and did a wonderful job taking care of us. Since then we have developed another water leak from the ceiling and lets just say that our dealings with Forest River have not been the most customer friendly. Thankfully our dealer has stood behind everything is we are getting it taken care of. This is the third unit we have owned starting out in an RPOD. I have to say every unit has had problems and I am convinced that anything you tow down the road is always going to have something go a bit wrong so am learning to take care of a lot of it myself. We are located in Hopkinsville KY near Ft Campbell.
Glad to hear from you! Our little Aviator group seems to be growing a bit each day now.
I'm a bit surprised to hear of your roof leaks. I've been on top of mine a few times and it is very solid. I've had the typical minor problems but thankfully nothing major. You are correct in saying a rolling home is bound to have things go wrong. It definitely pays to be handy.

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 02-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #113
cjearle

Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
That is AWESOME cjearle2!!!

Here you go Aviator Owners hope you can attend!

If any who are reading this thread are interested in attending the BamaGanza, I would ask you a favor and drop me a email. I am trying to keep a consolidated spreadsheet that we can use to manage the rally so if you could send the following information to: bob@williamsnet.org, it will greatly aid in our planning and management of the rally!!

Your Name (First Last)
Significant Other Name (First, Last)
Any Children attending (First, Last)
Any FurKids Attending (First, Last)
Your Cell phone Number
Your Significant Other’s Cell Phone Number
Your Email Address
Your Significant Other’s email address.

RIG INFO:
Type (e.g. Motorhome, 5th Wheel)
Make (e.g. Coachman, Rockwood)
Model (e.g. Sportscoach, 8289WKS)
Length
Number of Slides
Power requirement (20, 30 or 50 AMP)

When you email me your info, I will reply to you with 6 Actual's and my info so you will have a way to contact us.

Rally Details...again

October 15-18 2015
Noccalula Falls Park, Gadsden AL

Rally cost: Paid directly to the Campground
30/50AMP/Water/Sewage/Cable: $63.51
30 AMP Water (Possibility of cable if you bring a long COAX): $48.39

The Campground will start taking reservations 1 JUL (Don't worry, I will send out a email blast to remind you to register )
Old 02-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #114
cjearle

So excited. My camper is all most ready. Jaime at Sutton Rv has done everything he can. Now waiting on Forest River to do the rest. We will see! Went to check on it today and I have camping fever!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:36 PM   #115

What are they doing to your Aviator? It seems like it has been at the dealer for a while. Mine's in the pole barn for the winter and the warranty will be up before I take it out again. I never did take it in for service anyway and rather fix things to my liking. I am looking forward to doing more improvements once it warms up and spending lots of time camping this summer. I hope you have a good turnout for the Alabama rally. It sounds like a lot of fun!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 02-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #116
cjearle

Quote:
What are they doing to your Aviator? It seems like it has been at the dealer for a while. Mine's in the pole barn for the winter and the warranty will be up before I take it out again. I never did take it in for service anyway and rather fix things to my liking. I am looking forward to doing more improvements once it warms up and spending lots of time camping this summer. I hope you have a good turnout for the Alabama rally. It sounds like a lot of fun!
Everything! TV replaced, Awning replaced and awning motor went out, Power jack Replaced, trim work inside fell off, kitchen faucet leaked water everywhere, previous dealer put 2 year old batteries on unit. SO they died on trip back. Black water wash did not work (clogged with construction debris). Front door would not stay shut, reading light fell off, AC shut off, front rubber grips broke first time use. The time delay was waiting on approval from forrest river warranty department. And fighting back and forth with SuttonRV in Oregon. We are winning the battle. Finally got a hold a some one there that is working with us. Now waiting on approval for replacing the sealed under belly. Because for some reason it had been cut into and duck taped in two places about 2 feet long. (Probably because they were looking for the blockage of the black water tank. Jaime found it. Showed us pictures of insulation he pulled out of the lines. Think we will go ahead and add 2nd AC because the south gets really humid and hot!
Yes sure wish you and your family could come to our rally. It is a lot of fun. A great bunch of people and we tour each others RV'S and learn a lot of such from seasoned campers. Get lots of tips as well. We group camp out and do events together. Hopefully we can take a trip up north and meet y'all one day. Can not wait to do my backsplash and maybe do something with the blousey curtains up front.

Carol and Jim
Old 02-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #117

I have had some of the same problems. My awning motor failed at delivery (thankfully) so it was replaced before I brought it home. My underbelly has been opened as well. It is inevitable for servicing. My openings were resealed with patches made from the same material and then siliconed and screwed in place. It is a nice tight seal with no worries. The front door also occasionally came open but using the door dead bolt while traveling solved that problem. My keyless entry worked so poorly I just took it out. I fixed dozens of little things that could of been easily avoided. In an industry so profitable they really could afford to increase component and build quality without raising RV prices. In our case with the Aviator, we we're really paying for the unique structure and so far I've haven't heard of any real issues with that. Mine has been very solid and feels quiet and solid when inside.

I do plan to get to the SE hopefully sometime soon. Very scenic part of the country. With our youngest son in high school it is hard to travel during the school year. We went camping last year for a weekend for the first time without the kids and came home to beer cans in the driveway. Our 19 year old thought it was a good time to have a party. You like to think you could leave 2 young adults and a high schooler for less than 36 hours but I should have known better!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 02-07-2015, 05:25 PM   #118

Aviator Wright Flyer

I HAVE SPENT THE LAST TWO WEEKS INSTALLING 4 x 100 watt SOLAR PANELS, a 30 amp controller-charger, 2000 watt inverter, two remote heads, automatic transfer switch and a lot of wiring. I can now run the A/C, microwave, TVs, Blueray system and anything else, just not all at the same time. The 4 x 100 watt panels run any of the devices of low wattage without taking juice from the batteries, but straight from the panels. Haven't had the chance to see how long the A/C will run before depleting the batteries, but the panels recharge the bats REALLY FAST even in cloudy or low light situations. I have 250 amh of deepcycle bats, so that is a lot of stored up juice.
I have a Duralast 1000 watt inverter that was too small for the load I wanted to use for, so if anyone needs a brand new 1000 watt inverter/w remote on/off head, I'll make them a deal they can't refuse.
It' BOONDOCK TIME!!
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
Aviator Wright Flyer

I HAVE SPENT THE LAST TWO WEEKS INSTALLING 4 x 100 watt SOLAR PANELS, a 30 amp controller-charger, 2000 watt inverter, two remote heads, automatic transfer switch and a lot of wiring. I can now run the A/C, microwave, TVs, Blueray system and anything else, just not all at the same time. The 4 x 100 watt panels run any of the devices of low wattage without taking juice from the batteries, but straight from the panels. Haven't had the chance to see how long the A/C will run before depleting the batteries, but the panels recharge the bats REALLY FAST even in cloudy or low light situations. I have 250 amh of deepcycle bats, so that is a lot of stored up juice.
I have a Duralast 1000 watt inverter that was too small for the load I wanted to use for, so if anyone needs a brand new 1000 watt inverter/w remote on/off head, I'll make them a deal they can't refuse.
It' BOONDOCK TIME!!
I look forward to seeing your 'Flyer someday. With all those upgrades you will be boondocking in style! I will be boondocking for 3 days in South Dakota but I am making everyone suffer. No TV, AC or MW.

Meanest dad ever!

1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
Old 02-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #120
cjearle

Quote:
I have had some of the same problems. My awning motor failed at delivery (thankfully) so it was replaced before I brought it home. My underbelly has been opened as well. It is inevitable for servicing. My openings were resealed with patches made from the same material and then siliconed and screwed in place. It is a nice tight seal with no worries. The front door also occasionally came open but using the door dead bolt while traveling solved that problem. My keyless entry worked so poorly I just took it out. I fixed dozens of little things that could of been easily avoided. In an industry so profitable they really could afford to increase component and build quality without raising RV prices. In our case with the Aviator, we we're really paying for the unique structure and so far I've haven't heard of any real issues with that. Mine has been very solid and feels quiet and solid when inside.

I do plan to get to the SE hopefully sometime soon. Very scenic part of the country. With our youngest son in high school it is hard to travel during the school year. We went camping last year for a weekend for the first time without the kids and came home to beer cans in the driveway. Our 19 year old thought it was a good time to have a party. You like to think you could leave 2 young adults and a high schooler for less than 36 hours but I should have known better!
Either way I love my Aviator. After seeing it again yesterday to do some measurements I did not wan to leave it. Just wanted to hook it up and go somewhere.

I do understand with the kiddos. We raised six children. We could tell some stories. I had my neighbors spy for us. So if anything was suspicous they would call us. My boys got real upset on time because I hired an adult house sitter while we went out of town. They hated having a baby sitter while in high school. LOL I loved it. We are itching to get out now. Empty nesters tho it is hard and we miss them , at the same time it is great.