Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #41

Giant will do everything they can for you its FR that sometimes drops the ball. my ridgeview went back to the factory and was practically rebuilt and within a few months the lack of QC at FR was showing up in other areas that had not been a problem before. But good luck with the paint issues I will look at mine a little closer when I get it back.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #42

Paul, was talking to Shane today about your RV, turns out yours was the last one painted by the "other" paint shop. topeka graphics does all the paint work now and thats who is supposed to get yours.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #43

I finally saw the Aviator this weekend- it is very cool! Unfortunately, it's a little small for what I need so I feel like a traitor but I fell in love with the Trilogy fifth wheel...talk about from one extreme to the other! Guess it's back to the drawing board....would like to find a fibreglass trailer that I can tow with a 250/2500 3/4 ton and has 2-3 slides...any suggestions? I'm in the market for a high-end unit.
Michael
Lovely Wife and Son, two terriers, and Ringo the cat!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masondood View Post
I finally saw the Aviator this weekend- it is very cool! Unfortunately, it's a little small for what I need so I feel like a traitor but I fell in love with the Trilogy fifth wheel...talk about from one extreme to the other! Guess it's back to the drawing board....would like to find a fibreglass trailer that I can tow with a 250/2500 3/4 ton and has 2-3 slides...any suggestions? I'm in the market for a high-end unit.
Michael
I pull a 2013 Cedar Creek 34rlsa with a 3/4 ton chevy.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #45

Thanks Lou- will give this a look! I sure love the looks of the 2014 GMC trucks...
Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masondood View Post
Thanks Lou- will give this a look! I sure love the looks of the 2014 GMC trucks...
Yes I agree I can't wait to see the HD models. I have only seen the half ton. I want to see them before I decide if I want to upgrade my 2004.5 (lly D/A) Chevy. I am partial to GMC. I had a 2007 Gmc 1500 Z71 4X4. I miss that truck but I wasnt driving it enough so I sold it.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #47

TT Delivered

Aviator Wright Flyer was delivered Tuesday. All went well. Now we need to plan
Our first trip. Can't wait to hit the road.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingbear View Post
Aviator Wright Flyer was delivered Tuesday. All went well. Now we need to plan
Our first trip. Can't wait to hit the road.
hope you like it as much as we like ours
Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #49

Anyone know when the Spirit of St. Louis is going into fabrication? That's the model I'm waiting to see!

Michael
Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #50

not going to happen as an aviator model, it is being made cheaper and a different model line, remember they only sold 15 total aviators in the past year so another model would just sit like the WF
Old 06-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #51

Thanks for the info Bob. I really love the exteriors on the Aviator, but wanted something a little larger with at least two slides. Wonder why they have the floorplan on the web if they're not going to build it?
Michael
Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #52

this is what it has become according to the people i have talked to
2013 Forest River Aviator Spirit-of-St-Louis Stock: C2F0513 | Camper Clinic II
Old 06-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #53

I ssaw that on the FR website. Too bad they didn't carry through with an Aviator build. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #54

Hi Guys,

Its been a good week so far. I visited my Aviator at the factory to check on its progress. It is at the painters facility and being prepared to paint. Painter says he needs it about 2 weeks and after that it goes back to the build plant to get some items repaired then to QC and then I will be able to pick it up! YEPPEE!!!! Pro Custom Paint does some really nice work. They are now doing the Georgetown and Berkshire models for FR. Paint finish, that I saw, is smooth as a baby's bottom. Can't wait.......
ToyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #55

I thought Topeka Graphics was doing the paint. Giant fixed my flashing lights that I mentioned, had to add resistors. got mine back last week, have not taken it out yet.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #56

Hi Bob,

Yours has been at Giant all this time?? Topeka does some of the FR brands but FR decided to have Pro Customs do mine. Pro Custom also repairs the screw ups from the other guys. The guys that painted mine dont work for FR anymore as I am told. You wouldn't believe the amount of product FR is building and I am told it is all sold and not built for spec. Seems the RV market is alive and well again. However they're not building any Aviators but the Aviator is under redesign and will come back looking the same on the outside but different on the inside and sell for much less. All wood, no composite.
ToyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #57

giant had it for about 2 weeks or so, I have been told the same about the aviator getting the cheap treatment, however that could be a bad move for people like us, my 2013 36 ckts was close to 90,000 , later in the year they upgraded the interior and exterior and the price came down, so come trade in time nobody wanted mine as the nicer ones were now cheaper. I fear if the aviator looks the same but is made cheaper it will reduce the value of the early builds. Now if they make them all like the spirit of st. louis on the pilot line thats a different story. as far as no wood, look under your dinette table, its on plywood and 2x2 braces, which of course are cracked due to not pre-drilling the screw holes.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #58

If they add two more slides and a big screen hi-def they'll do better. Too bad they don't ask guys like us who love the design how to improve it, then throw out our ideas and build what they want to anyway! For a "luxury" trailer at a luxury price they are too small and cramped. Here in Canada the msrp is at the level of a pretty good 5th at 75K. Yes the exteriors are great, but the don't have the pedigree of Airstream.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #59

well having both the aviator wright flyer and a 28' airstream the aviator wins hands down. the airstreams are well built but have not kept up with modern technologies. as far as a big screen, I think the 3 32" sony's are enough. after all my airstream has 1 21" toshiba. and for that I paid over 2,000. I might also mention I don't have to pull the awning out by hand like the AS and unless you get the classic Airstream you have to crank down the stabilizers by hand. As far as the 5th wheel goes I traded my 2013 36ckts touring edition in on the Aviator due to its size, if you want to stay in RV resorts or live for extended periods than nothing beats the 5th wheel, but try to get it into a lot of state or county parks and forget it.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #60

Hiya Bob! I wasn't slagging the Aviator just observing that they shouldn't change their game, just take it to the next level if they want to appeal to full-timers. They came up with a world-beating design but missed the boat on the interiors and the size.