Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2018, 01:16 AM   #1

2015 Ds30 squeaking, sound passenger side

I'm at 25k miles and this just started. It's kind of a metal on metal squeaky sound coming from the passenger side. It follows the natural vibration pattern of the road and reminds me.of those old bird callers you twist. Anyone else experience this?
gomatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:26 AM   #2

Do you grease your front bearings annually?
GABulldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:57 AM   #3

I have not.. although the sound seems to be coming from the inside. And by bearings, you mean wheel bearings right?
Old 07-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomatthew View Post
I'm at 25k miles and this just started. It's kind of a metal on metal squeaky sound coming from the passenger side. It follows the natural vibration pattern of the road and reminds me.of those old bird callers you twist. Anyone else experience this?

Check the top flat panel on your dashboard, is it loose? Mine was and caused the same noise. I have a 2015 30DS with about the same mileage. Fixed it and eliminated sound entirely.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:40 PM   #5

Quote:
YES IDENTICAL

I think mine comes from resonating window shade. Or passenger bunk 'slide'. That area. VERY annoying. Wife doesn't hear it which is also annoying ,)
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:24 AM   #6

Quote:
I have not.. although the sound seems to be coming from the inside. And by bearings, you mean wheel bearings right?
Yes, wheel bearings. But it seems you may have found your culprit inside. Still a good idea to do that greasing, at least every two years depending on annual mileage. Hopefully you resolve your squeak, nothing worse than squeaks and rattles!!
GABulldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #7

The post that holds your door shut put a couple wraps of electrical tape around it...mine was very annoying till I located it.
52chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #8

We search out Sunseeker for I guess a year before we found ours,,, I did every thing I could think of,,, I thought it was the door,,, but it did not matter what I did it would not stop !!! I finally demanded that the Wife go back while we were driving,,, and find it !!!
I HAD HAD IT !!!

She deturmed it had to be the door,,, so @ our next stop,,, I checked the door AGAIN!!! I found the door squeaked @ the hinge,,, so I went looking for my Silicone Spray,,, I had none so I used Rubber Protectant Spray !!! So I sprayed the hinge till it stopped SQUEAKING !!! Man was I a HAPPY CAMPER on out next day on the road !!!
It was like going from driving an old Junker to driving a new Lincoln !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #9

We found that our door had a terrible squeak. After several attempts to fix, I removed the 2 large latch bolts and placed a washer on each bolt to just bump it out a bit. That worked as the latch bolts were originally rubbing on the door latch. The washers had to be modified with a file to make them fit, but it is fixed. Good Luck!
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #10

I found if you have awning poles,,, they can cause a metal on metal rattle,,, sounds just like it is coming from the door area !!! I have removed ours,,, and with a wire lock pin on the top,,, like the bottom,,, it is very easy to re install them !!!

DW does not like the radio or the disk player on when we are traveling ???
So I hear every rattle & every squeak !!!
Drives me Freaking Batty !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #11

Like others have said, one of our annoying squeaks was coming from the door, which was fixed by lubricating the hinges and the latch bolts (but I like 52chevy's idea of wrapping it with tape).

Another squeak turned out to be the cab bunk magnets rubbing against the metal plates they stick to, and it was fixed by putting a sheet of paper between them.
vacationlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #12

I also have a 2015 DS30 and had the exact same issue with mine. I took it to a place that provides front end alignment and wheel balancing for RV's. I describes the noise to them and they got under my RV, tightened several different things and the issue was fixed. Unfortunately, it was a while back when this happened so I do not remember the exact things they said that they tightened on the RV. I will try to find my invoice from when they did the work to get you some better info.
depmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #13

@depmgt that would be awesome if you could find the invoice. I still haven't been able to figure it out. It's driving me nuts and I have an 11-hour trip coming up. And now my radio display won't connect with my bluetooth so I can't hide the sound.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #14

Found my invoice. Reading the mechanic's notes is not easy but, I will try to decipher them the best I can. His notes are as follows:

1. Tightened shock bolts on both sides.
2. Tightened all 4 U-bolts on steering axle and sprayed with lubricant.
3. Sprayed all spring eye bushings with lubricant.
4. Reset toe in steering axle.

I know what they did does not sound like much, but this was done in September of 2015 and I have not had the noises, banging, or squeaking since. Hope this helps
Old 08-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by depmgt View Post
Found my invoice. Reading the mechanic's notes is not easy but, I will try to decipher them the best I can. His notes are as follows:

1. Tightened shock bolts on both sides.
2. Tightened all 4 U-bolts on steering axle and sprayed with lubricant.
3. Sprayed all spring eye bushings with lubricant.
4. Reset toe in steering axle.

I know what they did does not sound like much, but this was done in September of 2015 and I have not had the noises, banging, or squeaking since. Hope this helps
You are amazing! I really appreciate it. Mind asking what that ran you?
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #16

He charged me for one hour of labor $60.