Originally Posted by Theo
We are preparing for the purchase of a 30DS next summer, so we've been looking at 2016 and 2017 models. We've found some changes in the newest 2017s that might be worth mentioning.
Hope this helps those trying to decide between a 2016 and a 2017. Please post additional 2016 to 2017 changes if I have left any out.
I have been researching the FR3 28DS and have a few changes to add to this list. Changes listed below are from the 2017 FR3 11/16 brochure. I also have a printed 2017 FR3 05/16 brochure from the dealer. Others may noticed more.
1> Construction & Exterior:
Diamond Pearl Gel-Coat Sidewalls with Graphics - NEW (11/16)
• Radius Fiberglass
Exterior Roof - NEW (11/16)
• Side-swing Front Grill w/Mesh Bug Shield - NEW 2017 - Not on an older 2016 FR3 DS30 I looked at. I did see it on a newer 2016 DS30.
• Exterior LP Quick Connect - NEW (11/16)
• 40" LED TV (29DS, 30DS) - NEW (11/16)
• 32" LED TV (25DS, 28DS, 32DS)
• Residential Microwave Oven (28DS, 29DS, 30DS, 32DS) - NEW (11/16) (I will need to buy a 12VDC power roof vent for above the stove. The Microwave Range hood vent is 120VAC.)
4> Electrical & Plumbing
• High Output Quiet
Air Command™ Ducted Roof A/C w/Chill Construction and Heat Pump - NEW (11/16)
• Raised Panel FR3 Custom Wood Cherry
- NEW (11/16) It was Black Walnut.
I will be ordering a FR3 28DS at the local dealer later this week.
Attached 2017 FR3 Brochure - NEW (11/16) downloaded from link below:
FR3 Class A Motorhomes by Forest River RV