Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #1

2017 FR3 32DS front 12 volts lighter plug fuse

Hi,

I am wondering if someone would know where I can find the fuse for left 12 volts plug in the cabin. My daughter used a hair dryer plugged into a small power inverter and looks like it may have fried a fuse.

Thank you.
Ericg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg69 View Post
Hi,

I am wondering if someone would know where I can find the fuse for left 12 volts plug in the cabin. My daughter used a hair dryer plugged into a small power inverter and looks like it may have fried a fuse.

Thank you.
;
I found two 7.5 amp fuses behind the radio. I upgraded them to 10 amp.

see thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1552365
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #3

2017 FR3 32DS front 12 volts lighter plug fuse

Thank you! I will check. Do I need to remove the radio or is it accessible from underneath?
Ericg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Thank you! I will check. Do I need to remove the radio or is it accessible from underneath?
Yes, I think you can reach underneath for the fuse but you will need to remove the dash to make sure the 12v outlets are tight. The ground wire is on the outer sleeve. See if your 12v outlet moves.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you.
I kept blowing fuses when just driving down the highway after hitting a hole in the road and shaking everything. There is a fuse behind plug in, you will most likely need to just feel around. I replaced 7.5 amp with 15 amp. I think the jarring shorted it out on something. I also pushed up at rear of plug to get a little more clearance.

I recently removed the whole dash piece that radio is mounted in (6 screws) and noticed that the fuse holder is easily accessible that way and you could also tighten the retainer, much easier than reaching under and quicker.

For what its worth the reason I removed dash is to see if I could find why the whole dash assembly shook terribly when hitting a bump (2017 FR3 28DS). Found there are two 2x4 pieces about 16 inches long and screwed together, to make a 3 1/2 x 4 x 16. this piece of wood was placed between the support brackets and the dash assembly. It did offer some support but it was glued to the dash and not screwed to the support assembly. The result being the dash would jump up and down. I screwed the wood to the support brackets and now the dash is as solid as a rock. No more racket!

Off topic I know, but maybe it will help someone.
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:37 AM   #6

Regarding a dash that shakes every time you hit a bump in the road. I had the same problem in our FR3. I ended up building support brackets and reworking the plywood piece under the dash. A very poorly engineered design by Forest River.
Gary Heeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Heeb View Post
Regarding a dash that shakes every time you hit a bump in the road. I had the same problem in our FR3. I ended up building support brackets and reworking the plywood piece under the dash. A very poorly engineered design by Forest River.
I had seen that piece of plywood under the dash and ya how could that possibly help. Just for fun remove the dash part holding the radio, only takes a few minutes, pull the whole unit radio and all out and and look in and up and you will see the steel supports (1"x1"square tube) and the wood pieces supporting the dash. They put a dab of glue on the wood and that came loose so wood pieces were hardly helping at all. You will see what I mean.

I used construction glue on top of wood bonding it to dash structure and drilled holes through square tubing, I then used wood screws up through square tubing to wood. Solid now and hardly any dash noise.
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, fr3, fuse, light