Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #1

2019 FR# 30DS Fresh Water Tank Drain

Before you tell me to search, I have been searching for weeks. I am trying to drain my fresh water tank and cannot get the last inch out. My dealer tells me there is a drain plug but cannot say just where, I cannot find a drain plug. I have searched this forum, google, everything I can think of and I get answers from there is a drain plug (usually referring to low point drains), there is not a drain plug, remove the hose going to the pump and just drive around for a couple hours.

Can anybody tell me for certain, is there a way to remove the last inch of water, I don't want water sitting for months.

Thank you,

Mike
flightconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #2

I usually open up both fresh water and low point drains and that get the water out. Of course I have never checked to see if any is left in. The concrete pad next to my house where I park the RV is slanted away from the house and my drains are on the downhill side. Maybe if you tilt your RV, just a slight angle, so the drains are downhill that will help.

2017 Forest River FR3 32DS
Retired Navy
Retired IT Professional
Blallen58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blallen58 View Post
I usually open up both fresh water and low point drains and that get the water out. Of course I have never checked to see if any is left in. The concrete pad next to my house where I park the RV is slanted away from the house and my drains are on the downhill side. Maybe if you tilt your RV, just a slight angle, so the drains are downhill that will help.

That did help. It sounded like a lot of hassle when a simple drain plug would take care of the issue but once I decided that was the only way to accomplish the task, only took a few minutes.

thanks,
flightconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:01 AM   #4

When I get off the highway a few miles from home I pull over to the side of the road and open the drain valve (I have changed my drains to ball valves) by the time I drive the 7mi to the house the tank is empty completely
frankie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #5

As Frankie said, open the low point drain before leaving for home and most of the water will drain while driving. The problem is the drain is on the side of the tank not the bottom, so you'll never be able to get all of the water out.
Mart38655 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank