Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #1

2020 FR3 34DS electric brake controller installation.

We just took delivery of a 2020 FR3 34DS. Great upgrade from our 2002 Georgetown 325! I have a few questions:

• Since our existing 'toad' is a 2005 Subaru Baja, with a Roadmaster BlackHawk 2 flat towing setup, including their Invisibrake system... we want to pull it with the new FR3. Is there a multi-pin connector under the dash, AND, is it already connected to the e-brake blade of the 7-blade factory connector next to the hitch receiver?

• Is there an unused aux wire I can use to the run the Invisibrake's disconnect sensor lead from the hitch to the dashboard?

• Unlike the Georgetown, the FR3 does not have a driver's door, which granted me easy access to fuses and connections under the dash. Is the driver's seat removable? At 6'2" I need better access to the FR3's compact under-dash zone.
John from TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from TN View Post
We just took delivery of a 2020 FR3 34DS. Great upgrade from our 2002 Georgetown 325! I have a few questions:

• Since our existing 'toad' is a 2005 Subaru Baja, with a Roadmaster BlackHawk 2 flat towing setup, including their Invisibrake system... we want to pull it with the new FR3. Is there a multi-pin connector under the dash, AND, is it already connected to the e-brake blade of the 7-blade factory connector next to the hitch receiver?

• Is there an unused aux wire I can use to the run the Invisibrake's disconnect sensor lead from the hitch to the dashboard?

• Unlike the Georgetown, the FR3 does not have a driver's door, which granted me easy access to fuses and connections under the dash. Is the driver's seat removable? At 6'2" I need better access to the FR3's compact under-dash zone.

All I can reference to will be to my 2014 30 DS. When I bought it new and had all of my towing set up for flat tow, I also went with the Invisibrake. None of the wiring or connectors were on the coach. My installer had to run wiring and connections from rear of the coach to the front inside under dash to make all the proper connections.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake control, controller, electric, fr3