Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2022, 03:11 PM   #1

2022 FR3 33DS Fresh Water Dain Location? Water Pump/Filter Location?

The Bank and I have a brand new 2022 FR3 33DS. Thanks for the advice on my first two issues.

(1) I can not find the fresh water drain. I tried taking the cap off the "blue" low point drain hose. All it did was allow fresh water from the outside faucet to go through lines and drain out. Once I turned off the outside fresh water faucet, the water stopped draining. So, fresh water tank still at same 1/3 level.

(2) I am also on the hunt for the water pump and water filter. I know at some point in time I will need to replace the water filter. Ain't found the pump for filter holder yet. Any idea where they are located?

Frank Smith
Burnet, TX
FRSmithSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #2

turn on the pump open a faucet and follow the noise to the pump. get under the rig in the area of the FW tank and look for the drain.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:20 AM   #3

Excellent idea. Sometimes the obvious is difficult to see. Thanks for your service, by the way. US Army retired here. Have a blessed day.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:21 PM   #4

Update:
(1) With the assistance of Mr. Hoover at FR3 Headquarters, I was able to crawl under the motorhome locate the red drain tube - unscrew the cap - boom - fresh water tank drained totally. Great. At 71 it will NOT be the highlight of my day to ever drain the fresh water tank again. Thank you Mr. Hoover.
(2) I did locate the water pump but still have been unable to locate an on-board water filter. The search continues.

Note: My 2016 Sunseeker 2500TSF have a shut off/open valve in the wet bay to drain the fresh water tank. The on-board water filter was right there in plain sight at as well. The Sunseeker cost me $60,000 less than the FR3. Just saying!
Old 05-12-2022, 10:05 PM   #5

My 2018 FR3 29DS does not have a built-in water filter. Being that the FR3 is basically an entry level class A motor home, I really doubt that Forest River would have started installing them between 2018 and 2022. That seems more like a high-end item. Like most others, we use an in-line filter between our "City Water" inlet and the campground hookup.

2018 FR3 29DS
TOAD - 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
zipmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:28 PM   #6

thank you. no on board water filter.

Tags
cat, fr3, fresh water, location, pump, water, water pump