Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #1

30DS Refrigerator Question

We have the 4 door fridge in our 2018 30DS. We are always hooked to 50 amp power at home, so I leave the fridge running all the time. I always have a lot of water at the bottom of the fridge (inside) on the bottom shelf above the drawers.

I mean a lot of standing water. no water if I set the temp at a 9, or a 2, there is water.

Is this "normal". I know it shouldn't be, but do you experience this?
GABulldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABulldawg View Post
We have the 4 door fridge in our 2018 30DS. We are always hooked to 50 amp power at home, so I leave the fridge running all the time. I always have a lot of water at the bottom of the fridge (inside) on the bottom shelf above the drawers.

I mean a lot of standing water. no water if I set the temp at a 9, or a 2, there is water.

Is this "normal". I know it shouldn't be, but do you experience this?
You should not have any water. Do you have an ice maker? Could be leaking or overflowing. Turn it off if you have one.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
You should not have any water. Do you have an ice maker? Could be leaking or overflowing. Turn it off if you have one.
No ice maker. This is the gas/electric 2 door freezer / 2 door fridge that comes with the max package. Would like feedback from others as well, anyone have this issue? It appears the water is condensing off the metal fins on the back wall of the fridge.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #4

Should be a tray under the fins to collect the water with a drain hose to the outside fridge access panel. Hose may be clogged or kinked.
Woodsyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsyone View Post
Should be a tray under the fins to collect the water with a drain hose to the outside fridge access panel. Hose may be clogged or kinked.
Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	188289
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsyone View Post
Thanks, sounds like the issue. I will check today.

Tags
refrigerator

« LEV2 box | Frogs »