Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #1

Post Annoying Rattle & Other Questions

We picked up our 2015 FR 3 last Monday and promptly headed to the lake. Absolutely everything performed perfectly and for that we were pleased.

There is an annoying rattle coming from the area in front of the driver's side, way towards the windshield. Has anyone else experienced this and where did the rattle originate? We are thinking it's something outside but haven't had a chance to explore more thoroughly.

As noted in another thread, the headlights seem really wimpy. Outside of adding additional lights, can anyone offer any suggestions?

I would love to add towel holders to the bathroom but I'm uncertain exactly what type of screw and what length to use. Same with the either side of the bed. I just shoved a small ice chest between the bed and wall and made an impromptu night stand on one side of the bed.

I'm thinking of putting stick on LED lights inside the cabinets over the couch and also over the bed in the bedroom. Thoughts?

Has anyone replaced the ridiculous mattress on the couch hide-a-bed? If so, what did you choose and why?

Does anyone know if there are slider drawers available for the storage under the dinette seats?

That's all I can think of right now. Looking forward to heading out for Alabama in August and the West Coast in the fall. Stay safe everyone.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:22 AM   #2

We added a 2"thick mattress topper to the mattress. It did the trick and can remain in place when folding the sofa back away.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #3

I had the same annoying rattle. Check the large vertical plastic piece that goes from the top of the windshield to the bottom, all the way to the far left and up near the windshield. Mine was loose at the top and would rattle very loudly at freeway speeds. Easy fix.

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #4

There are a couple of great ideas on this site here is one thred http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ods-78734.html
Plus not far down is little add on.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #5

Yes the headlights are lets say suck. So you can add extra lighting or I readjusted fog lights higher and use them for low beams. Also lowered low beams and up graded blub to whiter light but adjusting the fog light realy did the trick.
But rule of thumb dont drive after dark with any RV .
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote