Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #1

Any good news

Would love to hear good news stories about the FR3 ,seems most post are about things breaking or not working! I know this is very important ,but would love to hear something good every now and then !!! Semper Fi AND GOD BLESS AMERICA !! Big "Doc "Ron
bigdocron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #2

We are having a great time camping in Cape May. Everything is working great and even though it's rain right now, plenty of room for us and our guests in the rig.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #3

We are also having a grand time in our FR3. Just got back from a 2 month trip around Texas and planning another long trip that will include the Goshen Rally and several Michigan stops.

Going into this we knew we weren't buying the top of the line RV and that we would want to enhance some of the features. So we are doing that and happy with our purchase & upgrades.
Overall we are "HAPPY CAMPERS" in our FR3.
2014 FR3 30DS
Fiat Toad
Nanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #4

Have to agree. Didn't buy a $200,000 rig. But I guess they have issues too.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #5

I'm a happy camper in my FR3. While working as a CH I had endless questions about my rig. Fellow campers love the look, the size, and the comfort for the price. Yes, I've had a few problems, but all RV's do no matter the price. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433642230.032335.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	79256
Madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #6

JeNNY worked great on her 1st trip from Minnesota to Moab UT, into the north rim of the Grand Canyon, up and around to Zion, then to Hanksville UT, back thru Moab the back to Minnesota. There were a few glitches, but mostly because I'm still learning about this RV and thanks to this sight it's helped me a lot! I love the power of the V10 Ford F53 chassie is kick ass, and pulling [
ATTACH]79266[/ATTACH]
A highly modified Jeep on a car trailer JeNNY did really good both on power and MPG's. I'm giving JeNNY 4 stars for her 1st trip of over 4,000 miles.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433648547.719076.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	79267Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433648570.779810.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	79268Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433648595.609404.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	79269Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433648619.537854.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	79270
JeNNY will be getting a full cleaning inside and out, along with both a V-10 oil change using 5W20 Mobil 1 oil with a wix oil filter. As for the Generator, any one know what oil we should be using?

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433648399.115509.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	79266  
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #7

Since we purchased our FR3 30 DS, we are very pleased with it. Yes we have had problems, but nothing serious. Longest trip was to Canada and back from Thousand Oaks, California.

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434382495.461058.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  99.9 KB

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #8

Engine, drivetrain and chassis by Ford!
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #9
Krusing Since 1975

Send a message via Yahoo to skydoctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdocron View Post
Would love to hear good news stories about the FR3 ,seems most post are about things breaking or not working! I know this is very important ,but would love to hear something good every now and then !!! Semper Fi AND GOD BLESS AMERICA !! Big "Doc "Ron

In 2013 I purchased a 2014 37BH fifth wheel. After going thru the check list we saw everything working and signed the papers. We have been RVing for 40 years and broke a golden rule, try it out local first before the long trip. Within 3 days after purchase we decided to take a trip from Indiana to South Dakota. Along the way on the trip we had issues, microwave did not work, refrigerator would not hold temperature, two serving tables broke, trailer decals started to peel, support bracket on fiber glass wheel well came loose, water leak by docking station, and misc. cabinet and door problems.
How discouraged we were with the new camper. When we got back and took it to a dealer, they said they would take care of it but, only to sit at dealers for several months and to only replace my microwave without any other action of repair. I let the dealer know how I felt and ask for the FR DM for Cedar Cheek – Silverback. He readily gave me the number. I talked to The DM and explained the problem with the dealer. After having a conversation with him he gave me a number to call. Please understand, I made no threats only that I was very unhappy with my purchase and needed to be taken care of. I called the young lady in Topeka (Denise) and set up an appointment (warranty) to have items repaired. The appointment was set up 6 months in advance (you must be patient) and I took my RV in on the date. It was no big deal because it was 6 months in the future because it was going in winter storage. I had purchased the extended warranty for an additional year.
It took 2 months to resolve my issues at the factory but, the trailer is like new. Not only did they repair the items that I requested but, they went thru the entire RV to insure that no other problems exist. I was totally amazed at what they did. I read all the negative issues that we all have and give but, I thing if you have the time and patients, FR Cedar Creek – Silverback will take care of you.
I am sure some people will say bull, I expect that but, I got great service from FR Cedar Creek – Silverback. Denise said that I should give her name out and phone number. Remember this is for Cedar Creek & Silverback warranty only “if no response from dealer”. Her name is Denise (she will be at the Goshen Rally representing Cedar Creek and Silverback) for repairs. Her telephone number is 260.593.3018 x2425.
skydoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 PM   #10

Reading reviews on all makes and models you find issues. FR3 2013 and 2014 had problems with slide motors, steps and windshields. 2015 most were fixed. Not bad for a new model. Most of the posts are improvements. This past weekend on our way home my wife commented on how all the squeaks and rattles were gone. I putz around and find the source and used various materials to kill the noise.

We are very happy with what we purchased for the money.

Improvements:
CHF
Steering stabilizer
New mattress ( bed in box)
On demand water-heater
Changed LED front lights to headlight switch
Added HDMI cable from DVD to back of main TV ( now get 1080 dpi)
Added screen to back window
Added fantastic fans and rain covers front and back
Added shelfs everywhere
Added drawers under bench seats
Dash stabilizer
Moved front shade set button to where a normal human can reach it
Added rubber cushions to front steps to stop the rattle and cushion movements
Added 100% battery disconnect so batteries will not discharge in winter
Added 135 degree extensions to outer rear tire valves and brackets to inner rear extensions
Sealed counter top to wall with laminate caulk. (Goes on white, dries clear)
Added pressure tank to water system
Added rain gutters

Need to:
Change passenger pedestal to lower on so wife does not feel like Edith Ann
Change front radio to high quality system with new speakers
Cover for stove
Replace creaky toilet
Sound proof generator
Add front fans to windshield
Modify overhead bed to storage space.
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #11

LOL. on "moved front shade set switch to a location a human can reach". I agree. And now plan to extend that wire!

For those who don't know what that is, If you ever disconnect the chassis battery the shade settings will be lost and to reprogram it you need to reach that switch. Try reaching over the steering wheel and reaching all the way to the top left corner of the windshield, holding a tiny switch that has a push button on it, while reaching the shade rocker on he dash! Impossible.

2014 FR330 DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #12

We love our FR3. We got it in Oct, 2013. It was one of the first off the line, doesn't even have the decals on the front. We've had some issues, but nothing that kept us off the road.
Packing up today for another Bluegrass Festival.

Mandoholic and Bassbabe

2014 FR3 30DS

Salem, Oregon
Mandoholic is offline   Reply With Quote