Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 05:27 PM   #1

Arctic PAC Switch

2021.5 FR3 30DS. Is the Arctic Pac switch designed to illuminate when turned on or just when turned on and the system is operational ( below 40 degrees)? Mine does not illuminate when in the on (down) position and it’s 70 degrees outside. Running through my checklist before we leave for a 6 week trip which may take us through some cold nights.
OHIOFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOFR3 View Post
2021.5 FR3 30DS. Is the Arctic Pac switch designed to illuminate when turned on or just when turned on and the system is operational ( below 40 degrees)? Mine does not illuminate when in the on (down) position and it’s 70 degrees outside. Running through my checklist before we leave for a 6 week trip which may take us through some cold nights.
Great question, when you turn on the Artic PAC switch it will illuminate sending power to the pads on the tanks/elbows in dump station.

When it gets below 40 degrees (I believe that's the number), they will automatically turn on. My recommendation is if you believe it might get towards those temps, turn it on for a peace of mind.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brent
BShuttleworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BShuttleworth View Post
Great question, when you turn on the Artic PAC switch it will illuminate sending power to the pads on the tanks/elbows in dump station.

When it gets below 40 degrees (I believe that's the number), they will automatically turn on. My recommendation is if you believe it might get towards those temps, turn it on for a peace of mind.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brent

Thanks Brent. When I turn on the switch, the switch does not illuminate. I was going to use a heat probe to see if it was working (easy task) but since it is 70 degrees I can’t use that method. Fuse?
Old 09-22-2021, 01:26 PM   #4

Arctic PAC Switch

Quote:

It could be just the bulb. If you have a meter just pull the switch and check to see if it’s passing power, most of the time it’s just the bulb. Once the switch is on the thermostats turns them off and on. On at 40 degrees off at 65. Remember they are 12 volt

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
It could be just the bulb. If you have a meter just pull the switch and check to see if it’s passing power, most of the time it’s just the bulb. Once the switch is on the thermostats turns them off and on. On at 40 degrees off at 65. Remember they are 12 volt

Not the fuse so I’m going to run home and get my multimeter.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:26 AM   #6

Brent,
Just checking…so down is On? Mine is labeled ARCTIC at the top and PAC at the bottom.
I don’t have a light either way…even in 25degree temps.
B2testnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2testnav View Post
Brent,
Just checking…so down is On? Mine is labeled ARCTIC at the top and PAC at the bottom.
I don’t have a light either way…even in 25degree temps.
Great question, Could be a couple different things to look at. Check the fuse in the distribution panel in the bedroom and make sure that the 20 amp fuse is good. If so, check the power going to the switch. If they have power going to the switch, then I would say the switch is bad if they don’t have power going out of the switch.

If you need further help please contact 574-206-7600.

Thanks!

Brent Shuttleworth
BShuttleworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BShuttleworth View Post
Great question, Could be a couple different things to look at. Check the fuse in the distribution panel in the bedroom and make sure that the 20 amp fuse is good. If so, check the power going to the switch. If they have power going to the switch, then I would say the switch is bad if they don’t have power going out of the switch.

If you need further help please contact 574-206-7600.

Thanks!

Brent Shuttleworth

If the switch is bad, is the switch used for the water pump the same switch or is it different? I will experience a cold night (26 F) in 2 days and will exchange them for each other to reduce our risk of freezing. Unless, of course, there is a simple way to get a switch to me on the south rim of the Grand Canyon (Tulsayan, AZ). This trip has become a repair nightmare!
Old 10-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #9

Quote:
If the switch is bad, is the switch used for the water pump the same switch or is it different? I will experience a cold night (26 F) in 2 days and will exchange them for each other to reduce our risk of freezing. Unless, of course, there is a simple way to get a switch to me on the south rim of the Grand Canyon (Tulsayan, AZ). This trip has become a repair nightmare!

Update- I pulled the Arctic Pak and Water Pump switches and switched their positions since the markings on both switches are the same. It appears to me that the Arctic Switch just has a burned out light and otherwise works fine. Once switched the water pump operated as designed and I’ll know if the Arctic Pak works once it drops below 41 degrees.

Tags
switch