Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #81

Cherokee Greywolf or Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3Eric View Post
Check the fuse box in the distribution panel in the bedroom, it is located next to the breaker box. The prewire should be pulling power from here.
What is the difference between a Cherokee Greywolf BH or a Patriot BH??
Bob Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #82

It even happens when I drive over a manhole cover - every small bump in the road. I have an appointment on Monday - at a Frame and Alignment Shop. I'll let you all know then.

Thanks for the feedback.
jamesdbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #83

Mine is waiting for kingpin shims right now. I noticed the vibration early on but drove 62 or less and it wasn't a problem. This must be a chronic problem because they are back ordered.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:17 PM   #84

Eric

I purchased my FR3 at the Jan 2013 RV show in Tampa where I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Hum the factory rep. I took possession of my unit on 2/28/14 from RV World of Lakeland We have enjoyed our FR3 with one exception, I have had to replace the Dometic AC twice under warranty and the unit I just had replaced in August just died. I have a service company coming to inspect it on Monday of next week. Once replaced it will be the 4th AC unit Installed in my FR3 in only 22-months! Needless to say I am very disappointed and frustrated beyond words. I will have no other choice but to get rid of my FR3 if I am going to have to replace the AC unit every 4-6 months! The service company that is coming next week said that Dometic will most likely replace my AC under warranty this time but will not pay for his $150,service call. I am living out of town in my FR3 and cannot remove it from the RV park and drive it to a service center, so I feel I am getting screwed again by Dometic. Can't tell you how frustrated that makes me. I don't know if there is anything you can do to help. I would hate to have to get rid of my FR3 and replace it with a different model, but I cannot continue this way as I have zero confidence in the Dometic made AC units. I am in desperate need of your HELP! I can provide a copy of the August receipt from Camping World that replaced this same AC Unit this past August as well as the original factory installed AC Unit. Anything you could do to resolve this issues would be greatly appreciated as I feel I am caught in Dometic AC hell!!!

Thanks,
Doug Britt

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Gem Hunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #85

I was told that FR is obviously Forest River and the 3 was one of the owners of Forest River son's uniform number for many years.
FR3 Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #86
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Gem Hunters: Not sure why you're blaming your FR3 for the Dometic AC problem? Seems like it's definitely Dometic's problem, not Forest River. Could also be bad workmanship from the repairing service center. I'm always a little leery of any repairs from a Camping World. Replacing the AC unit is one thing. Did anyone investigate as to why the unit quit? Could be underlying conditions. JMHO

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:04 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
Gem Hunters: Not sure why you're blaming your FR3 for the Dometic AC problem? Seems like it's definitely Dometic's problem, not Forest River. Could also be bad workmanship from the repairing service center. I'm always a little leery of any repairs from a Camping World. Replacing the AC unit is one thing. Did anyone investigate as to why the unit quit? Could be underlying conditions. JMHO

X2. FR didn't build your Dometic AC, they just installed it. Unless you can determine that installation is somehow causing your problem, it's not FR's fault. You need to figure out what's causing the failures.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #88
Certified Curmudgeon

I am going to be getting my 4th Dometic Brisk Air II. The problem is that they leak! Dometic has reportledly said that it is a small percentage of the made in China units but I'm seeing way too many reports of multiple failures. We will see if the 4th one is the charm. Note: Factory installed units have 1 yr warranty. Aftermarket units have 2 years.
There are repair shops that will not do Dometic warranty because Dometic does not pay them in a reasonable time or at their rate.
I can tell you this, if I have to buy one, it will not be a Dometic. It sure does look like quality is job none just like the factory.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:31 AM   #89
edm

Question Furnace

Hi Eric,
we have a 2016 fr3 30ds the problem i had is the furnace burner would cycle with the limit switch. the burner would not stay on for the full heat cycle. I did replace the limit switch and that made no difference. So then i started to take some temp readings in the heat chamber and found the temp was going to about 175 degrees which over temped the limit switch. I ran some static pressures and found the wc was .4 inches wc the factory is .2 wc so this led me to believe there was not enough discharge venting.
Now i added an additional vent and the burner now stays on for the full cycle and heats the coach in about half the time. It will now worm the bedroom to a reasonable temp. Before the bedroom was a lot cooler than the rest of the coach.

My question is are there to few discharge vents or do i have a unique situation here.

Thank you Eric for being there for us.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:47 AM   #90
edm

Qustion

Has Eric left us? Are we on our own again?
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #91
AD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm View Post
Has Eric left us? Are we on our own again?

EDM

I don't think so. Eric is part of the forum because he wants to, not because it is part of his job. That being said, he is busy and it could take a while to get an answer. When I needed an immediate answer I called him and he was kind enough to take my call, do the research and call me back. There could be circumstances beyond his control that may keep him from sending a reply.

I would suggest looking his number up on the website and calling him. I think there is an email address for him also. My interface with him was nothing but fantastic.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #92

Thanks Eric for joining us. Great idea. I have the 2015 FR3 28D. I have never been able to play a DVD from the dash and get it to play on by TV . Have read everything. Checked wires and still no luck. DVD plays on small screen in dash. Also can not get the TV sound to use the house speakers. I'm hoping I have missed something. Any ideas?
FR3 Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:00 PM   #93

Would it be possible to pre-wire for solar. Simply a connection block on roof and then wires to basement area??

(Looking at the Georgetown 329DS)
Nights camped in 2011/16; 2012/15; 2013/48;
2014/10; 2015/101 2016/55 yr to date
pkenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #94

My family and I actually got to meet Eric a few weeks ago at the Greensboro RVDA show when we were looking at the new 32DS. I did ask him about the forums, and its something he took on personally from what I understand, and hes been relatively busy lately.

I was mostly impressed with our discussion and gave him some direct feedback on likes/dislikes/issues we've had, both with the RV and our dealer. The latter I understand that FR has no control over, but the point being a product is sometimes only as good as the dealer you work with as well. Overall, it was great to actually meet someone from FR, and it will probably result in us being active with FROG.

2nd the suggestion to call/email directly if you need.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #95

Hi Eric,
Can you tell me why the bathroom water faucets won't work with water pump but all others do (we are boondocking). Also, the main tv won't run with generator anymore . TIA
Old 02-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #96

TPatino, I'm not a rep, but your faucet is likely clogged with either debris from construction or from sediment from the anode rod deteriorating in your hot water tank. Unscrew the cap on the the faucet and clean out the screens. If its sandy, you need to change your anode rod. If its plastic pieces, it's from construction.

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #97

Oh, and check in the storage compartment in the rear on the drivers side. Make sure that the 30 amp plug is plugged in completely. If that doesn't fix the problem, it's beyond my knowledge. Good luck!

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #98

What MaltnHops said. Had the same problem with my kitchen faucet and that was the issue. Saved by another owner on this site. It's the best resource.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #99

Thank you both. I checked the plug and fuse and all are good and plugged in. Now with generator on can't get AV picture when trying to watch movie through DVD player in RV. I will check faucet. If can't figure it out, looks like another warranty call, ugh.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #100

Hi Eric. We have a 2016 28DS and would like to upgrade the headlights. They work okay but would like to replace with HDI if possible for more illumination. Currently in bad weather we drive with low beams, fog lamps, and LED lamps on. Any advice you can give would be great. Thank you and welcome to the forum.
drewandjason is offline   Reply With Quote