Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 10:10 PM   #1

Awning light

Like the led awning light but even better would to be able to dim it so I dont have to wear my sunglasses when using it.

Anyone do this or is there a way to?
Old 03-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #2

I felt the same way. I love the LED strip light under the awning, but it is way too bright. So I replaced the simple on-off switch with an American Technology Components dimmer. The dimmer has a wide range, from the original brightness on high, to a soft glow under the awning on full dim. It’s one of the best mods I’ve made. In fact, I have four of these dimmers throughout the RV.

This dimmer is available in white or black, and in single or dual switch widths. If this one won’t work for you, there are plenty of other LED compatible 12 volt dimmers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/12-Volt-D...hite/364997097
Old 03-04-2020, 06:24 AM   #3

Wow. Perfect. I will be getting at least 2 of these
Old 03-04-2020, 08:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
I felt the same way. I love the LED strip light under the awning, but it is way too bright. So I replaced the simple on-off switch with an American Technology Components dimmer. The dimmer has a wide range, from the original brightness on high, to a soft glow under the awning on full dim. It’s one of the best mods I’ve made. In fact, I have four of these dimmers throughout the RV.

This dimmer is available in white or black, and in single or dual switch widths. If this one won’t work for you, there are plenty of other LED compatible 12 volt dimmers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/12-Volt-D...hite/364997097
I see that will work perfect for the living room switch. What did u use for the small awning light switch.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200304_080233.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	224444
Old 03-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #5

I like the style of dimmer I linked above, so I rebuilt the switch panel near the entry step well on my Sunseeker to accommodate the switches I like. See photo. The dimmer is for the awning light, and the others are for the awning, porch light, and motion light.

Here is another thread asking the same question as in this thread: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...er-101604.html

If you don’t have the space on your panel for the same dimmer I used, there are other styles. If you type “dimmer” in the search field, there are many discussions about various 12 volt dimmer styles that work with LED lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006D3640-73C9-42E1-AE95-8F1E66F1A7D2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	224451  
Old 03-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
I like the style of dimmer I linked above, so I rebuilt the switch panel near the entry step well on my Sunseeker to accommodate the switches I like. See photo. The dimmer is for the awning light, and the others are for the awning, porch light, and motion light.

Here is another thread asking the same question as in this thread: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...er-101604.html

If you don’t have the space on your panel for the same dimmer I used, there are other styles. If you type “dimmer” in the search field, there are many discussions about various 12 volt dimmer styles that work with LED lighting.
Nice job. Looks great
Old 03-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #7

OH WOW!!!

I think a few of these are in order!

Tags
awning, light