Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 10:35 AM   #1

BAL Accuslide Motor Model?

I am unable to get to the motorhome right now to check, but does anyone know the model# for the bedroom slide motor on a 2016 FR3 30DS?

And a good place to purchase?
kdp3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp3078 View Post
I am unable to get to the motorhome right now to check, but does anyone know the model# for the bedroom slide motor on a 2016 FR3 30DS?

Why do you think you need to replace the motor?

Read my thread Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor.

I thought the motor was bad but I had a loose wire.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Why do you think you need to replace the motor?

Read my thread Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor.

I thought the motor was bad but I had a loose wire.
I am not sure if I need to replace yet, still troubleshooting....but was wanting to track the motor down in case need to replace.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:15 AM   #4

Quote:
I am not sure if I need to replace yet, still troubleshooting....but was wanting to track the motor down in case need to replace.
Check the gearbox. Older FR3's have had gearbox issues.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Check the gearbox. Older FR3's have had gearbox issues.
If the gearbox goes out, can you still bring it in manually?

I was able to bring it in manually, seems to me if the gearbox was bad it would stop it from moving.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #6

Quote:
If the gearbox goes out, can you still bring it in manually?

I was able to bring it in manually, seems to me if the gearbox was bad it would stop it from moving.
I agree that your gearbox is fine.

I will be watching for updates. Good Luck.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #7

When my Accuslide gearbox stripped out, you could push the slide in from the outside. Unfortunately, this also meant that there was nothing holding it in place when driving, so it could move out on it's own (luckily, when this happened, I wasn't far from home).

You can find the entire motor/gearbox assembly, or each component. Most times, the gearbox wears out - you'll hear the gears skipping (sounds similar to a rachet). But, there are several motors and gearboxes out there. The ones I've seen have had the part numbers on both the motor and gearbox. I'd go with the exact model number you have installed on your rig...
ckabrahamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #8

Better hope it's just a wire and not the motor. They are very pricy. We have a TT and I had to replace one of the slides cables. Saw price for motor while looking for replacement cable. OUCH!
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:

Had to replace my gearbox and I believe the number for gearbox was R25076 and motor R25075. That was just a quick google search but I am pretty sure those are the numbers. I googled Dyers and they sell a Motor and gearbox kit for around $200 US item number 90874. I ordered my gearbox from our local RV parts and if I recall correctly I paid about $159 CA, they had a competitive price, not sure about motor price. The sales person knew what I needed and made sure I got the upgraded gearbox, which is important! the original gearbox is weak.
If you google BAL Norco Accu-slide there are sites that tell you how to properly replace motor/gearbox and do all the necessary adjustments. I will warn you it is not an easy job but doable if you are fairly handy with a wrench and such.
If you can hear motor running it is probably the gearbox if you can not hear any noise it may be motor but make sure you check for power at motor, could very easily be the wiring harness next to motor.
You have to remove doors on storage above bed and remove panel behind storage to access the motor and cables.
Hope this helps
Old 01-18-2021, 08:04 PM   #10
edm

We have a 2016 FR3 30DS and the motor and gear box combo is BAL 22307. We carry one with us just incase we have any problems. So far so good we have 45000 miles and a lot of slide in and outs and no problems.
Hope this helps.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #11

Quote:

I started looking for replacement motor or replacement kit because I also thought it might be a good idea to carry a spare. The replacement kit, motor gearbox and bracket, part number 225008 is pretty much impossible to find right now. I can source a gearbox part number R25076 but no such luck on the motor. I have contacted Bal Norco and am waiting for an answer on what they can suggest. I am going to buy gearbox and pray my motor doesn't pack it in any time too soon.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:54 PM   #12

Also checked out availability of part number 22307, which according to edm is your part. Also no luck,
Old 01-21-2021, 10:45 AM   #13
edm

Check Amazon for Motor and gearbox assy.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:55 AM   #14

Just replaced my gearbox this week. Got replacement here:https://colawrvparts.com/shop/bal-sl...rbox-r25076-1/

Warning, if you have the older gearbox (which is generally why it stripped out) you will need to replace the bracket as well. It comes with the new gearbox. They look really identical, but they are not! (Notice that the part number on the new box has a "-1" appended.

FR had installed my original with cables that were way too tight, which is probably why the box failed.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
Just replaced my gearbox this week. Got replacement here:https://colawrvparts.com/shop/bal-sl...rbox-r25076-1/

Warning, if you have the older gearbox (which is generally why it stripped out) you will need to replace the bracket as well. It comes with the new gearbox. They look really identical, but they are not! (Notice that the part number on the new box has a "-1" appended.

FR had installed my original with cables that were way too tight, which is probably why the box failed.
Probably why mine failed also, cables too tight.
I called Bal Norco because I was having problems sourcing out the replacement kit (motor and gearbox) part number 225008 for my application and they said to contact Colaw RV Parts. I did contact them and they fixed me up, very helpful.
Their website says they do not ship to Canada but they did although to the west coast was very pricey, UPS $66 US, Ouch! but being as these parts are getting hard to find I don't mind, having a spare is peace of mind.
The R25076 gearbox seems readily available but the motor itself is hard to find.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #16

Hello,

The LR slide on my 2015 30DS goes about 3 inches, makes a “bang” type noise, repeat, and occasionally stops for a minute while going out and comung in. This just started happening while we were out this past weekend. Any thoughts? If it’s the gearbox starting to go, maybe slipping, where is it located?

Thanks!
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
Hello,

The LR slide on my 2015 30DS goes about 3 inches, makes a “bang” type noise, repeat, and occasionally stops for a minute while going out and comung in. This just started happening while we were out this past weekend. Any thoughts? If it’s the gearbox starting to go, maybe slipping, where is it located?

Thanks!

Maybe more of loud “clunk” versus a “bang”.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #18

Well, since it is still moving it can't be the motor. Sounds like the gearbox. All of it is located over the slide. Take out the few plastic plugs on the trim that doesn't move above the slide and unscrew the few screws. take that down and there are a few access holes through which you can see the major parts.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
Mine did that last fall. It was loose cables. The cable shuttles were hitting each other. Watch the below video at seven minutes. A white locking nut fell off.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
Well, since it is still moving it can't be the motor. Sounds like the gearbox. All of it is located over the slide. Take out the few plastic plugs on the trim that doesn't move above the slide and unscrew the few screws. take that down and there are a few access holes through which you can see the major parts.

Thank you. I’ll give it a go.

Tags
slide