Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #1

Blue RidgeParkway

Looking to take my FR3 towing a car on a dolly on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Trip planned for this October. Anyone drive the parkway with a motorhome towing a car? If so, any suggestions?
Sgtmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #2

Because of the leaves changing color and the beautiful scenery that comes from that, you will not be alone, ... Oct. is the busiest month of the year of folks traveling the parkway, ... be careful and enjoy every mile of it, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Watch out for clearance in the dark curved tunnels.

Sometimes there’s tunnels you can see straight through.....but on the curved ones, it’s difficult to see because your eyes don’t adjust quick enough.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #4

I live close to Blue Ridge Parkway drive it often, it will be very highly traveled in October. It will be slow going, not many places to turn around or pull off towing. But don't let that stop you, it is a beautiful drive. Enjoy, be safe.
wnewman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #5

We drove the parkway last August. We had a great time but there were a few limbs that my parents hit with their MH because they hung out into the road and they were meeting traffic at the same time. This was below Ashville.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #6

Tunnels on Blue Ridge Parkway

Sgtmac: Traveling the Parkway is great. Recommend you go to www.doi.gov and search for Tunnel Heights Blue Ridge Parkway for information. You should not have a problem with your FR3 unless you are traveling the lower end of the Parkway. There are 25 Parkway tunnels in NC and one in VA. There are three tunnels in the Cherokee Indian Reservation in NC that are 10 feet 6 inches to 11 feet 3 inches high. You can download a list of tunnel heights by mile marker and maps of tunnel locations. Good reference to have.
Enjoy the scenery!
UpstateTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #7

Check to make sure there isn't some other event like a bicycle race going on. I didn't check when we drove up there last Oct and ended up saying screw it. We went to Disney world instead.

Tags
blue ridge