Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #1

Bugs

Does anyone no of material to use on front of class A to help protect paint against bugs?
Crossfire8207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire8207 View Post
Does anyone no of material to use on front of class A to help protect paint against bugs?
I purchased Rejex polymer sealant from Amazon. Put it on before a 4 month trip. Each evening, took about 10-15 minutes to wipe them off. Long lasting too. Easy to apply and wipe off . Try it. It works.
sjohnsonmbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #3

I used rejex on the whole mh works great even on the windshield and windows works on anything that’s non porous
frankie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
2012 Solera

I think our west coast bugs must be somehow tougher or more resistant. I’ve tried Rejex, carnuba wax, silicone based waxes, and various suggested removers including hydrogen peroxide, bug-off, drier sheets, etc- about everything suggested. Nothing works very well.
My best luck has been with Mop-and-Glow floor wax, Mr Clean erasers, and lots of elbow grease...
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:43 AM   #5

I'll post again...
To remove gug butts try Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleaner.
Lightly mist some water on the area, and just spray the Bubbles on the area. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and then brush off with a brush dipped in some water with auto wash solution. Just brush away then rinse off with your hose.
I use a telescoping handle with a soft bristle brush, available in any Lowes/Home Depot.
The Bubbles is safe to use...just think of all the surfaces in a bathroom. It's all I use now to clean the Lexi and our Subi XV toad front end of gug butts and road grime. On the front , depending on how long the gug butts have been there, a second shot may be necessary. We went as long as 3 months on the road from Va to Alaska and back without a good cleaning. At home a dose of the Bubbles cleaned her right up.
Also removes black streaks.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs