Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2017, 08:58 AM   #21

I wrote a strongly worded letter to my dealer and copied FR. That worked for me. I'm in California though, lot of consumer friendly laws and Bureau of Automotive Repair, so that may have helped.
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
I would contact the factory and insist that it be repaired there. I had to do this, It took a bit of doing but they did agree to take care of the repairs.. I had it in 2 different dealers, they had it 60 days of the first 3 months we owned it.
My Forest river contact will no longer respond emails after I asked about the possibility of them buying it back and getting me into a different unit.

I tried contacting them directly from the email on website and still no response 3 days later.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #23

My 2015 FR3

I have had some minor issues with my FR3 but the dealer worked with the factory rep and they were all worked out. The issue now is the deprecation of the lamented windshield. I believe the winshield needs to. Be replaced. I have. It heard from the dealer yet. As of now my dealer and the factory rep have been a pleasure to deal with.
mudman5206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
My Forest river contact will no longer respond emails after I asked about the possibility of them buying it back and getting me into a different unit.

I tried contacting them directly from the email on website and still no response 3 days later.
Well that is going to probably require communication now through legal channels. I wish you luck. But ive never seen any vehicle maker just buy it back without lawyers being involved.
KY25DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #25

nature of rv

A bit over a month ago my wife and I purchased a used 2015 FR3. Since then the following as occurred:
1. Cab AC quit, plugged filter/dryer and Expansion Valve.
2. Steps quit, scorched commutation and stripped gear on step motor.
3. Leveling System will not lower. Warranty replacement of controller and harness.
4.Dual radio (cab) will not receive AM\FM.
5.commode supply plugged with anode residue.
6. Anode needs replacement.
7.OEM Bilstein shocks allow porpoise like an east LA Lowrider bouncing competition.
But overall, we would not consider giving up our coach. Once we fix what is wrong, we will have an outstanding motorhome, and we can have confidence that it is all done correctly.
My conviction is that all rv's have issues, and that they are more like a home than a car. And in that respect, perhaps they can be loved for what they provide, above pure transportation... like a house. I bet that a high-dollar bus would have similar issues.... but we all make our own choices...
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #26

Meyers RV of SYRACUSE

Very sorry to hear about all your problems with your RF 3 I just bought one and had minor problems but Meyers of Syracuse help me out a lot the Service manager there is Ryan he knows his stuff about rVs and I know he would take care of you and most of your issues he also has very good tects working for him hope this helps you and good luck
cameron4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron4467 View Post
Very sorry to hear about all your problems with your RF 3 I just bought one and had minor problems but Meyers of Syracuse help me out a lot the Service manager there is Ryan he knows his stuff about rVs and I know he would take care of you and most of your issues he also has very good tects working for him hope this helps you and good luck
If its the same Ryan that was at the churchville store your lucky! I had him before he moved to the other location and he was great.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogq View Post
But overall, we would not consider giving up our coach. Once we fix what is wrong, we will have an outstanding motorhome,
I thought that too a year ago, but the problems have not yet subsided! We're now on our SECOND summer of issues. I know RV's have issues and expected some. But I also expected some stretches of time where there wasn't something broken, the rv wasn't at the dealer, or I was not waiting for parts. Going into it I totally expected some issue to crop up over the first summer of use, but this has grown tiresome.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #29

I purchased my 2014 FR3 with 1200 miles on it as a trade in from a buyer who used it twice and traded for a DP.

I saved thousands from the new one at Campers Inn. I had slide motor, steps and overheating gen issues within the first year.

Despite the fact that I was the second owner, the very best thing I ever did was attend the FROG USERS GROUP RALLY in Goshen IN.

I would recommend it highly to any year one new coach owner. It's very inexpensive CAMPING RALLY, and they have a team of factory service techs who know what they are doing!

They treat you like a valued customer. I attended in 2016 with a 2014 coach as a second owner and still got MANY of my issues fixed free.

It's probably too late now to attend this year as I think it's in a few weeks and books up quickly. But plan for it and I think it's the best way to become a squeaky wheel.
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #30

The frog in Goshen is going to limit amount of free repairs to 2 items, due to abuse of some people.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanFR3 View Post
The frog in Goshen is going to limit amount of free repairs to 2 items, due to abuse of some people.
If the product didn't fall apart so easily this wouldn't be an issue....
Old 07-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Are you talking about a FR dealership in Goshen? If so, how can they limit warranty repairs?
PeteAndEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAndEd View Post
Are you talking about a FR dealership in Goshen? If so, how can they limit warranty repairs?
FROG is the 'Forest River Owners Group" and is used when referencing brand meet ups/rallys. He is talking about the Goshen Rally, its listed here on the events page:

Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #34

This amount of problems is incredible. I guess I got lucky. My 2017 30DS had one interior piece of trim come loose, otherwise I have had zero issues. It also sounds like the dealer failed to thoroughly check the unit prior to delivery.
MOstler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #35

Never mentioned any dealer.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #36

Quote:
My dealer?

Meyers RV out of churchville. They've been great once we brought everyone up to snuff on what acceptable communication and hold time is and talked to the owner.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:57 PM   #37

Quote:
I never mentioned any dealer. Workers from Forest River and their subs. do the repairs at the Rally. Guess I was not clear or assumed you were better informed.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #38

Quote:
I never mentioned any dealer. Workers from Forest River and their subs. do the repairs at the Rally. Guess I was not clear or assumed you were better informed.
Oh. I understood what the frog was, another user did not.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #39

It is a lemon law you might want to check on it also covers rv`s
Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserjohn View Post
It is a lemon law you might want to check on it also covers rv`s

As stated earlier in the thread, NY only does lemon law on the Chassis for RV's

Tags
fr3