Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #1

Dinette Table

We own a 2014 FR3 30'DS and are new the motorhome world (3rd owner @ 20,000 miles). We moved up from a 32' FR Surveyor TT and LOVED it.

We had a hard time figuring out the dinette-to-bed and realized thru this forum that we are missing a cushion for the table top. I have a few ideas for the cushion replacement-something that I can do myself. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this when buying used and what their remedy was? I'm open to ideas and suggestions. Does anyone else feel like the dinette shape feels almost square? Maybe its an optical illusion and maybe it will make sense when I put sheets/blankets on. Still thankful for the sleeping space.

One last question...what does it mean when the FR3 is referred to as a crossover? I understand what a crossover is referring to a car but can anyone explain it regarding a motorhome?

Thanks so much...thankful for this forum!
Tricia Keeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia Keeler View Post
We own a 2014 FR3 30'DS and are new the motorhome world (3rd owner @ 20,000 miles). We moved up from a 32' FR Surveyor TT and LOVED it.

We had a hard time figuring out the dinette-to-bed and realized thru this forum that we are missing a cushion for the table top. I have a few ideas for the cushion replacement-something that I can do myself. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this when buying used and what their remedy was? I'm open to ideas and suggestions. Does anyone else feel like the dinette shape feels almost square? Maybe its an optical illusion and maybe it will make sense when I put sheets/blankets on. Still thankful for the sleeping space.

One last question...what does it mean when the FR3 is referred to as a crossover? I understand what a crossover is referring to a car but can anyone explain it regarding a motorhome?

Thanks so much...thankful for this forum!
The dinette-to-bed is too short for an adult. We leave the cushion at home.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #3

I believe they call it a "crossover" because of the overhead bunk that was usually found on a class "c" motorhome. I think Forest River was the first to add the overhead bunk to a class A, now I see a lot more of them. We love it. When we don't have the grandkids with us, we use it for storage. Also, We keep our third dinette cushion in the bedroom and use it on the backboard of the bed.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #4

Before you spend money, look in the two hanging closets in the bedroom. The cushion stands up in either one of them, maybe it's still there.
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #5

The cross over question

I had a 1984 Winnebago Chieftan Class A with the bed over the drivers seat. No such thing as a cross over back then.
DavidShifflett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #6

Crossover

My understanding is that Forest River feels (I agree) that the FR3 has the drivability, ease of handling, and features of the Class 3 but has the living experience of a Class A without the price and full-size bus drawbacks.

I am just entering the market and have been reading a lot.

Rob
Lewis Center OH
Rbalsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAK View Post
Before you spend money, look in the two hanging closets in the bedroom. The cushion stands up in either one of them, maybe it's still there.

I looked at a used one, 2016 today. That is exactly where the cushion was, in the closet.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 PM   #8

Many times, your local RV dealership will have entire sets of cushions that they will sell cheap. They usually keep take outs from units that require changes on delivery.
Dave6716 is offline   Reply With Quote