Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2021, 06:14 PM   #1

Dish woes continue!

Was trying to find my old thread didn’t see it sorry for the new thread….so here it goes….

Tested out the dish setup at home on a normal tv all good ready to roll. Tried to follow diagram Brent posted while still home no good. Was day before leaving so was supposed to be packing up….yeah we have all done it [emoji3]

Woke up in the am had breakfast and said this is it I am gonna make this work

I was thinking and thought the outside tv coax Might work and tie that from the splitter pic attached. The pic the tan cable is antenna from park.

So took cable from splitter tried each of set one and two. Neither worked to get the signal to the antenna never saw switch from the Wally

Out comes the techie in me. I ran direct thru window with all cables and couplers I was using and everything worked. So it is only when I use the internal wiring that I get no luck

I did a last ditch effort plugged into park cable port with dish and took brown/tan cable direct to Wally with no luck

I ensured no power on booster and no power on antenna.

Also as a side note even when running park cable it’s super snowy and not clear.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8301.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	256496
Old 06-10-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
Perry, GA

cable run

2019 Fr3 33ds
I use a dish tailgater. Have had it for 10+ yrs. Have never been able to use the cable supplied in the coach. At first ran the coax thru the sink window.
Right or wrong this is what I did
In the next bin past the battery bay I drilled straight up and came out under the drawer above. In the bin outside I just have some slack with a connector. My tailgater came with a 100ft cable(have had to replace 3 times in 10 yrs,they don't last) I set it on a small stool. I like it not fixed to the roof so I can move it out of trees. Back to cable. I layed it on the floor behind the fireplace then up a access hole. Drilled a hole in the back of the cabinet to run cable into also for power. Ran hdmi from there to tv. My old receiver is kinda big. If you have a Wally it will fit better. Have to leave the door cracked open for remote.
The outside tv I have a 25ft hdmi coiled up outside which I run thru the window
Work in progress on bedroom tv. thinking I can run overhead. Plus looking for a switch to watch same channel on all tv at once.
Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0609211543.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	256656   Click image for larger version

Name:	0609211556.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	256657   Click image for larger version

Name:	0609211559_Burst01.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	256658  
nakedchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #3

That’s what I am thinking to try as well. I am not sure I wanna drill but no choice I fear. I think there is splitter someplace that I can’t find
Old 06-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedchicken View Post
2019 Fr3 33ds
I use a dish tailgater. Have had it for 10+ yrs. Have never been able to use the cable supplied in the coach. At first ran the coax thru the sink window.
Right or wrong this is what I did
In the next bin past the battery bay I drilled straight up and came out under the drawer above. In the bin outside I just have some slack with a connector. My tailgater came with a 100ft cable(have had to replace 3 times in 10 yrs,they don't last) I set it on a small stool. I like it not fixed to the roof so I can move it out of trees. Back to cable. I layed it on the floor behind the fireplace then up a access hole. Drilled a hole in the back of the cabinet to run cable into also for power. Ran hdmi from there to tv. My old receiver is kinda big. If you have a Wally it will fit better. Have to leave the door cracked open for remote.
The outside tv I have a 25ft hdmi coiled up outside which I run thru the window
Work in progress on bedroom tv. thinking I can run overhead. Plus looking for a switch to watch same channel on all tv at once.
Hope this helps.

Got it!
Found splitter in cabinet wall for all the tv. Found the cable for outside set and using that. When I get home will get a run from that via a storage bin and will be good to go with a perm setup!
Kudos to Brent and Nicholas from FR who called and chatted to help as well
Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepaul1975 View Post
Was trying to find my old thread didn’t see it sorry for the new thread….so here it goes….

Tested out the dish setup at home on a normal tv all good ready to roll. Tried to follow diagram Brent posted while still home no good. Was day before leaving so was supposed to be packing up….yeah we have all done it [emoji3]

Woke up in the am had breakfast and said this is it I am gonna make this work

I was thinking and thought the outside tv coax Might work and tie that from the splitter pic attached. The pic the tan cable is antenna from park.

So took cable from splitter tried each of set one and two. Neither worked to get the signal to the antenna never saw switch from the Wally

Out comes the techie in me. I ran direct thru window with all cables and couplers I was using and everything worked. So it is only when I use the internal wiring that I get no luck

I did a last ditch effort plugged into park cable port with dish and took brown/tan cable direct to Wally with no luck

I ensured no power on booster and no power on antenna.

Also as a side note even when running park cable it’s super snowy and not clear.

Any thoughts?

Attachment 256496
I believe this is your old thread:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...d.php?t=215470

Do you know how to look up your older posts?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I believe this is your old thread:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...d.php?t=215470

Do you know how to look up your older posts?

I do. Was on phone and trying to be quick about it.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:39 AM   #7
Retired Army MSG!

Satellite will not work going through the splitter regardless whether powered off or on. On previous rig I purchased a cable connection and drilled hole in the same plate the splitter was on and made the connection free of the splitter and stand alone. That way I could use that connection for my Tailgater or park cable and still have the splitter connection for roof top antenna. Thankfully on my latest rig, they ran separate cables for each connection so I did not have to modify.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:40 AM   #8
Perry, GA

2019 fe3 33ds
I'm sorry, but I am really confused.(not difficult).
My sat receiver uses hdmi for output to the tv. If you are putting your receiver in the cabinet above the sink where the splitter and booster are then how do you feed the tv?
Do the new sat receivers use coax or wireless to feed tv? Mine is old like me.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #9

Quote:
2019 fe3 33ds
I'm sorry, but I am really confused.(not difficult).
My sat receiver uses hdmi for output to the tv. If you are putting your receiver in the cabinet above the sink where the splitter and booster are then how do you feed the tv?
Do the new sat receivers use coax or wireless to feed tv? Mine is old like me.

I have the Wally behind the tv and ran coax from cabinet to behind the tv. Drilled some holes in cabinets and there it was. Wally remote works thru cabinet. We only use living room tv so bedroom was it issue. If I want to watch a game outside I can hdmi it as I have a long cable. And to answer your question hdmi is how I connect to tv from Wally

I can do pics of you want. Let me know
Old 06-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #10
Perry, GA

2019 FR3 33ds
Thanks. I didn't consider going thru cabinets. I should have considered that route. I still like having a separate connection from outside. I have been to parks that had cable. I can use the sat, cable or antenna by changing source on tv. I can watch sat on one tv and cable on another. My only issue is that I have to get up and turn the booster on or off for cable or antenna.
Seems like FR would or could have run hdmi along with cable to tv's. They put a connection on the roof. So they had to know this would be required.

Oh well Thanks
Old 06-12-2021, 12:35 PM   #11

Quote:
2019 FR3 33ds
Thanks. I didn't consider going thru cabinets. I should have considered that route. I still like having a separate connection from outside. I have been to parks that had cable. I can use the sat, cable or antenna by changing source on tv. I can watch sat on one tv and cable on another. My only issue is that I have to get up and turn the booster on or off for cable or antenna.
Seems like FR would or could have run hdmi along with cable to tv's. They put a connection on the roof. So they had to know this would be required.

Oh well Thanks

I do not care for the cable side so was a bit more drastic in my approach. [emoji3]
Old 06-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepaul1975 View Post
Got it!
Found splitter in cabinet wall for all the tv. Found the cable for outside set and using that. When I get home will get a run from that via a storage bin and will be good to go with a perm setup!
Kudos to Brent and Nicholas from FR who called and chatted to help as well
Glad to hear you are all set!
BShuttleworth is offline   Reply With Quote