Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #1

Dometic fridge issue

Hi everyone

I have a 2016 30ds that is having some fridge power issue. It is a dometic mod # DM2652RBX. In the past I have had problems with it blowing the 3A AGX fuse in the motherboard but this time that was not the case.

The rig was plugged in, I started the fridge and the light came on. After a few minutes I went to check if it was getting cold and there was no power. I turned it off/on, tried it on gas only and then checked the fuse but it all seemed fine. Best troubleshooting I could do was find that it was not getting d/c power. None of the fuses on the motherboard or the fuse box by the batteries were blown so I’m flummoxed. Any body know if there are other fuses in between the battery and fridge, I cannot find a schematic. Or any other ideas?

Thanks for your help FR community
David
MaybzNDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:51 AM   #2

I would go back and check all the 15 amp fuses and ensure the one for the frig is not blown. Even tho you were plugged in check your house batteries and make sure the converter is putting out 12V power.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #3

Did you remove the fuses and check them with a meter? Just looking at them is often not good enough.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I would go back and check all the 15 amp fuses and ensure the one for the frig is not blown. Even tho you were plugged in check your house batteries and make sure the converter is putting out 12V power.

We’ve already removed the fuses and checked them with a meter and that’s for sure not the problem. That’s why we’re totally stumped.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:35 AM   #5

Mine has a breaker also, 28DS. Does it work on propane? Also check the outlet in the fridge compartment outside and make sure you have power to it and that it's plugged in. Use an extension cord also to check. As you know if the light in the fridge comes on you have power. My light also sticks in the off position so I have to wiggle the plastic arm to get it to come on sometime. You are also aware it takes about 8 hours of running time to cool the fridge ,right ?
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortMi View Post
Mine has a breaker also, 28DS. Does it work on propane? Also check the outlet in the fridge compartment outside and make sure you have power to it and that it's plugged in. Use an extension cord also to check. As you know if the light in the fridge comes on you have power. My light also sticks in the off position so I have to wiggle the plastic arm to get it to come on sometime. You are also aware it takes about 8 hours of running time to cool the fridge ,right ?

Did not work on propane alone. I also have tiny fans hardwired in and they are not working and am well aware of how long it takes to get cold. I will try the extension cord though next time I’m at the rig, thanks for the suggestion.

Tags
dometic, fridge