Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #21

wait until you have the door open to move onto some some blocks (or pulling off front blocks). All that water on roof rushes forward and out downspout, but now that door is open it all runs onto inside panel of door, and window switches, and speakers and fills up the door pocket .
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
wait until you have the door open to move onto some some blocks (or pulling off front blocks). All that water on roof rushes forward and out downspout, but now that door is open it all runs onto inside panel of door, and window switches, and speakers and fills up the door pocket .

NO FUN !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #23

I use auto wax on the mirror. but it still gets the film deposit like the windshield does from water running off rig. I just wax it every time it gets bad.

I have some Ceramic wax waiting for the temps to drop so I can survive applying it (RV is in Central FL)
Old 09-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #24

Smile Flex tape remedy

I had the same problem on my Isata 3. At night when trying to sleep I could hear the water hitting the mirror and driving me crazy. I used Flex tape to contour an extension onto the existing gutter extensions. I did it right before leaving for a trip so I figured if it just works temporarily that will be fine until I figure something else out. Guess what? 6 months later the tape held & still diverts the water away from the mirrors. So I guess I’ll just leave them until they fall off.
petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #25

I had a similar issue although it wasn't at the end of the gutter but in the middle. The gutter dips down and water splashes on furnace exhaust and then onto my outside kitchen. A clothes pin, some string, and a tent stake fixed me up. You can do the same thing at the end. The water will follow the string to the ground
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200805_081919.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	238854  
Agoattamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #26

Yeah but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer View Post
I had a similar issue although it wasn't at the end of the gutter but in the middle. The gutter dips down and water splashes on furnace exhaust and then onto my outside kitchen. A clothes pin, some string, and a tent stake fixed me up. You can do the same thing at the end. The water will follow the string to the ground
Well, yeah, but the original poster was asking about a problem that occurs while driving. Not sure he could make that work with a stake in the pavement.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #27

Is this while you're driving?
randyktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:15 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Well, yeah, but the original poster was asking about a problem that occurs while driving. Not sure he could make that work with a stake in the pavement.
Didn't realize that. He never really states while driving. Jeez, sorry, just trying to help.
Agoattamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:54 AM   #29

Down spout

I made a down spout from 1 inch PVC. It connects to the gutter spout with a piece of a pool noodle and secures to the mirror with a Velcro strap.
dentyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:16 AM   #30

Here is an idea (For parked) because you don't have to climb ladder to install it. The pvc is regit enough to press it on from ground.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:58 AM   #31

LOL! They got you covered.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F02FD577-91FC-4CC2-9CEB-64730A59DBB9.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	238897  
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyktx View Post
Is this while you're driving?
Yes, the main issue is when I am driving, the condensation from the front AC unit drains into the gutter and then drains down on both the coach window and the mirror. Worst when it rains. From what I can tell all FR3 34DS have the issue, I have not checked on other models.
When parked, rain will drain and for the most part fall between the window and the mirror unless it is windy. I plan to work on the vinyl tube down spout idea once I get the coach back from the shop getting the AC blower motor fixed. Seems like it is always something.
Winddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentyjeff View Post
I made a down spout from 1 inch PVC. It connects to the gutter spout with a piece of a pool noodle and secures to the mirror with a Velcro strap.
Can you post a picture of that for us?
Winddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:23 PM   #34

I recall a gentleman on the Open Range forum several years ago that took gray plastic conduit and made downspouts that went all the way to bottom of his Camper. While it worked it was not something I would want to have to look at on my RV.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepaul1975 View Post
I said the exact same thing this past weekend. I might have used some colorful language around it but I too am trying to think of a way to make it a bit better.
I have a 2019 FR Sunseeker 2500tsf. The front downspout leaks into the door switch area when the door is opened during rain. The rear down spouts leak into the awing track on the passenger side. All gutters need to be two inches longer then the down spouts from the factory.
This turns into a safety item and FR should warranty this.
frankhaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:19 PM   #36

I also didn't realize this was while you were moving, as I was going to say, just fold in the mirrors..
But, since it happens while moving, why not apply some Rain-X to affected windows/mirros.. water will just bead off, and since they aren't being affected by road grime as much as a windshield, it should last a lot longer.
lilmikey_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #37
Happy Camper

On my 2020 FR3 MH I have the down spouts extensions installed and though the water misses the MH sides, the dripping water hits the ground and splashing the dirt/stone debris onto the front tires. I place a small bucket to collect that water and use it for pouring on my camp fires before closing up for the evening. Recycling water at its best!
EGRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winddancer View Post
On my last trip I discovered a silly design that I am going to need to change on my 2020 FR3 34DS. The roof rain/drain outlet is directly over the outside mirrors. So on these hot and extremely humid Alabama days of summer I have a consistent stream of water from the front AC running down over my mirrors blocking my vision. I am thinking of simply running a ½” PVC or maybe Vinyl tube down from the outlet to the ground. Will need to come up with some type of funnel or collector at the top of the down spout to collet the water. Wondering if anyone else out there has come across this and if so what they did to solve the issue?

This problem drives me crazy on my Sunseeker. I came up with a downspout that I've been using for several years now and it works great when parked. Cannot be used when moving though.Split the end of a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe several times then attach a hose clamp, loosely for now. Slide a piece of 1/2" PVC inside the 3/4"piece and tighten hose clamp just enough to allow the 1/2" piece to slide in and out but stay where you put it. Go to Auto Parts store and buy a funnel/pouring spout that attaches to a plastic Motor Oil bottle and turns the flow 90 degrees. Put this inside the end of the small pipe and attach with a screw so it doesn't fall out.Now put a 90 degree elbow on the other end of the large pipe. Cut another piece of 3/4 pipe to go into the elbow and drain the water about midway (side to side) of the camper. Works great.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200911_114021.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	239180   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200911_114028.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	239181   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200911_114033.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	239182  
n517229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by n517229 View Post
This problem drives me crazy on my Sunseeker. I came up with a downspout that I've been using for several years now and it works great when parked. Cannot be used when moving though.Split the end of a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe several times then attach a hose clamp, loosely for now. Slide a piece of 1/2" PVC inside the 3/4"piece and tighten hose clamp just enough to allow the 1/2" piece to slide in and out but stay where you put it. Go to Auto Parts store and buy a funnel/pouring spout that attaches to a plastic Motor Oil bottle and turns the flow 90 degrees. Put this inside the end of the small pipe and attach with a screw so it doesn't fall out.Now put a 90 degree elbow on the other end of the large pipe. Cut another piece of 3/4 pipe to go into the elbow and drain the water about midway (side to side) of the camper. Works great.

Extend the pipe until the black funnel is in line with your downspout and slide it onto the downspout. It will hold if you have the Camco gutter extensions mentioned in an earlier post.
n517229 is offline   Reply With Quote