Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
vfp

Electric interior windshield shade

Our electric windshield shade is not working properly. When the engine is running it will go partly down as it should. But with the engine off it will not come down. If I have left it at the part-down position from the engine running position it will go up but will not come down as it should. Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?
vfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #2

Shade

I think there is a reset button drivers side up high at the shade.
welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #3

It's not a reset button but a re-program button (switch) that should be hidden either at the upper left or right hand side of the shade and this is if the shade is an MCD shade. The MCD web site has the program procedure if you didn't get the installation documents. Google MCD rv shades.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
vfp

You are a lifesaver! Thanks. There is a re-program button at the upper left of the shade and I went to the MCD website and used the program procedure to re-program the shade. It is working fine now. Thanks again. I will save your message and the website in case I need to do it again. Thanks again.
vfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #5

Smile windshield shade

Something like this happened to us in our 2012 Georgetown. Ours was up, and wouldn't come back down. Thank God, it wasn't down and wouldn't go up. We called Forest River and they told us where the re-program button should be. My husband had to actually take off the molding on the left side, but it still didn't work. We were in Fl at the time, so until we got back home to Pa, we just hanged beach towels over the windshield at night at campgrounds. We finally got it fixed at the Rally last year.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Steelhorzz

Same thing happened on our 2012 360. Shade wouldn't come down and then it stopped when I tried to roll it up. Finally had to hang sheets for the rest of the trip. (Lucky it was high enough I could see to drive). Turns when it had been installed at the factory, the electrical cables were pulled so tight they broke right at the motor. Thank goodness for "extended warrantys! (I saw the invoice, over $800 for parts, shipping and labor). Works great now, and the mechanic said he left a little "slack" in the wires so it won't happen again!
Blue Ox Tow System / U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric