Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
Tents2RV

Emergency Exit Window on FR3 30 DS

Has anyone done a dry run or had to use the emergency exit window? With it being hinged at the top without any kind of prop or hydraulic lift, it is very difficult to use. Trying to muscle it open with my shoulder, climb through and find the ladder, it proved a real challenge. I managed to do it but not without ripping a pair of pants. Any suggestions or modifications on keeping it open would be appreciated. Thanks
c0nnd0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #2

I remember someone saying they used a wooden dowel to prop theirs open. I believe they had installed an operable screen on the window.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #3

I am Very proud of you for doing a (Dry Run)! Many People with (Class As and Big 5th wheels) joke about just (Jumping Out) if the unit is on Fire! It will NOT be Funny when the Need to use the (Egress Exit) happens! You are fortunate your unit has a Ladder (NEAR)? Most units dont have that option near the E window! All you lost was your Pants,most (Jumpers) break a (Arm or Leg)! Thanks for Posting this! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #4

I started to try a dry run and quickly realized that the glass in the window is not the problem. It will take a couple of jars of Vaseline and a large crow bar to get me through that little hole. There was a lot of thought put into that. I keep a fire extinguisher under the bed in case we need it.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote