Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #1

First post/Question(s)...

Hi everyone, my first post.

I bought a '15 28DS new in June of '16.

We've done 97 nights in it so far, and just under 10k for mileage. No problems at all with it - I've been recently delving back into the forum here to bone up on my overall knowledge of the various things people are doing/customizing and fixing. So far I've been able to handle everything myself - and at the end of this summer I'm going to attempt to adjust the bedroom Accu-Slide I think - just needs a slight bit of tweaking. I'll be posting more often with some questions I have, but I wanted to start with this one...

So the TV antenna stopped working about a year ago (the power switch on the KingJack roof fixture no longer lights up). Anyone have any info/recommendations/wiring diagrams/etc...? I rarely use it, but it just bugs me, and if it's something I can do (pretty handy, good with electric/electronics) I'm all for it.

Jeff
jeffmcfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
clr

I would start by removing the panel with the light. There should be a power spade with 12 volts power for the unit. Make sure it is connected and that there is 12vdc on the wire. If no power, look for a blown fuse. If connected and there is 12vdc then the ground path must be corroded or bad.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #3

Volt-meter at home, darnit (on the road at the moment). Wiring looks clean, followed the grey/white down past the fridge, and then I lose it into a wiring loom behind the furnace. Nothing obvious near the house-batteries. I'll dig further when I get the rig back home. Thanks for getting me started.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
I would start by removing the panel with the light. There should be a power spade with 12 volts power for the unit. Make sure it is connected and that there is 12vdc on the wire. If no power, look for a blown fuse. If connected and there is 12vdc then the ground path must be corroded or bad.
jeffmcfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote