Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
FR3 Grampy

Forest River has failed me

I need your help with an ongoing bedroom slide out problem.

In September of 2014 I purchased an FR3, 25DS. A couple of months later the slide out gear unit on the bedroom failed. Ever since then, the slide has gone through 3 gear units over the past 3 years. Every one has been changed free of charge but I kept telling them that something was causing the slide to bind. I kept asking them to help me get to the root cause of the problem because it was not normal to change a gear unit every year. I got no response.

In April of this year, I started to extend the slide and heard a terrible noise. I opened the cover to get at the gear unit and found the pulley system all ripped apart. I contacted Forest River warranty to see if this was covered because it was linked to my ongoing bedroom slide out problem and they said it depended on what the service department found once they got it fixed. Well over $2000.00 later they tell me that the pulleys are past the one year warranty so they are not covered.

Ever since the first gear unit change, I've repeatedly asked the warranty department to get the bedroom slide out checked out because something is preventing a normal movement of the slide but I got no replies to my requests. My last attempt was to the warranty manager.

This is where I need your help. Is there another department or person I can contact to help me with this huge bill and ongoing problem? I am retired and on a fixed income and this latest expense has burdened us terribly. Also, the problem is still not fixed and it's only a matter of time before the slide breaks down again since no one has been able to tell me what's causing the slide to bind.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Scottmarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's terrible to go through that even once much less 4 times. Bypass the dealer go straight to Forest River. I have had better dealings there.

Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.

FR3
SALES
Michael Hums
Phone574) 367-3285Fax574) 970-4931Email: mhums@forestriverinc.com

SERVICE
Bryan Knight
Phone574) 206-7611Fax:N/AEmail: bknight@forestriverinc.com

Keep us informed on your mission. We want to know

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
FR3 Grampy

I've already contacted those guys and they say the warranty has expired. That's why I'm looking for another contact. Those guys work in the warranty department.
Scottmarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, led