Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 11:43 PM   #1

FR 30ds to Thor Palazzo Part 2-Help

So I have been loyal to my 30ds for 2yrs as I purchased it in 2016. Kids are getting older and need more room. Have my sights on a Thor Palazzo 33 because of the bunks, ride and xtra room.

I know buying new isn’t the smartest but late model palazzos are hard to find.

Need some input on the deal. The Palazzo was 179,000, brought down to 169,000 and with my trade I will be looking at $106,000 with freight and prep. Mostly all of the 2019 Palazzos go for more from what I see, don’t know if the discount and the deal is good. My 30ds only has 6,000 miles and is in impeccable shape.

Any input as always would be appreciated .
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #2

Hi Edmo,

The Palazzo looks like a great coach. It will sure drive much smoother and more quiet than the FR3 gas coach. The engine and tranny will last a very long time. If you can swing the cost, i'd say go for it. I have seen the diesel coaches hold their value much better than a gas coach.

Good luck on making your decision.
Think summer

Bob
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #3

FR 30ds to Thor Palazzo Part 2-Help

Well it looks like you got them down another $4000 from your previous thread ? Only you can decide.

Might check out Thor’s stock. Less that 1/2 last years high.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
So I have been loyal to my 30ds for 2yrs as I purchased it in 2016. Kids are getting older and need more room. Have my sights on a Thor Palazzo 33 because of the bunks, ride and xtra room.

I know buying new isn’t the smartest but late model palazzos are hard to find.

Need some input on the deal. The Palazzo was 179,000, brought down to 169,000 and with my trade I will be looking at $106,000 with freight and prep. Mostly all of the 2019 Palazzos go for more from what I see, don’t know if the discount and the deal is good. My 30ds only has 6,000 miles and is in impeccable shape.

Any input as always would be appreciated .

Thor is putting out some real crap right now . wouldn't buy one and wouldn't recommend one . if you do get it better do a very good pdi .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #5

i agree with Mr. M. I would never buy another Thor product. Had an ACE 27.2 purchased new in 2016. Sooooo many quality issues that we gave up in disgust and traded for a new 2018 30DS. Our dealer gave us what we paid for the ACE towards the FR3. Also makes the argument for quality dealer over lower price
Open Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Well it looks like you got them down another $4000 from your previous thread ? Only you can decide.

Might check out Thor’s stock. Less that 1/2 last years high.

Russell

Yes, they came down an additional $4000 but some of the negative posts on Thor products makes me think.
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
Yes, they came down an additional $4000 but some of the negative posts on Thor products makes me think.
You may have done this already, but if Thor has a forum jump over there and ask the quality question. Everyone always seems plenty willing to weigh in good and bad on that. All manufacturers in that price will have issues. The important thing is you need to be able to easily get them fixed. Does Thor stand behind their warranty work and a good dealer is a must. I can tell you that FR has been great to work with on warranty work for me. Came and picked up my unit and brought back for a water penetration fix.