Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2020, 05:23 PM   #1

FR3 33DS tv cable issue

Hello! One more try here before I get tech support. Three tv’s in RV. Outside, living room and bedroom. Hit or miss with clear connection at RV site. Direct Connected cable to BR tv and double channels plus digital, perfect picture! do not get that when connecting to RV. Some say check splitter...where is it in my RV? What connections in RV can I check? Tv’s do not pick up same channel...doing everything right, running channel scan...using antenna when cable connection is poor. Just need to understand what internal connections may be causing the problem.
Also, we cannot get living room tv off bracket no matter how hard we pull up. Can’t access those connections behind tv.
Can anyone help? Thank you! Jacky
Travelbuff2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:55 PM   #2

I have a 2015 30DS and have had the exact same issue for the last 6 years. I’ve never bothered trying to fix it as we usually are playing DVD’s. I’ve read that the splitter is located behind the panel where the antenna amplifier switch is located.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #3

Check out this thread. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...tv-201193.html

I think it is a similar situation in regards to the cable TV box above your sink and the powered antenna.

It may answer your question.

David
ehlerts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:20 PM   #4

When we got our 33DS antennae worked fine, but could not get signal when hooked to cable. Found the connection where cable is hooked up in the rear storage bay had bad wiring. Re-wired and it works fine.
As others said above the splitter is behind the antennae power switch in cabinet over kitchen sink. I would check both those areas first. (I'm assuming you are turning the antennae power off when trying to hook up to cable - if not that will interrupt the cable signal).

Yes the TV is installed tight but it will come out. Get two people to lift up toward the middle of the TV. You should be able to work it loose.

Good luck.
Mart38655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbuff2019 View Post
Hello! One more try here before I get tech support. Three tv’s in RV. Outside, living room and bedroom. Hit or miss with clear connection at RV site. Direct Connected cable to BR tv and double channels plus digital, perfect picture! do not get that when connecting to RV. Some say check splitter...where is it in my RV? What connections in RV can I check? Tv’s do not pick up same channel...doing everything right, running channel scan...using antenna when cable connection is poor. Just need to understand what internal connections may be causing the problem.
Also, we cannot get living room tv off bracket no matter how hard we pull up. Can’t access those connections behind tv.
first off if all connections are right, look behind tv in both rooms. look for button that is lit green or red. it would be where cable comes in. push itmake sure anntena is off and down,and sat., is not connected.
garyp1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbuff2019 View Post
Are you changing the TV from ant to cable when scanning? You also have to turn off the antenna amp when connecting to cable input. Hope it is as easy as that for you.
dave1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #7

Hello! Which rear storage bay has the wiring and how can I access it? What did you replace? The splitter? Thank you! Jacky
Old 03-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #8

How to remove panel?

Ok, so I was able to get the trim off but cannot get the panel off without severe damage...any ideas on how to remove the panel that covers the cable splitter above the sink? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B156C1A5-B326-4B9D-BFF0-E449BB7955FF.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	225545  

Tags
cable, fr3