Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2022, 08:06 PM   #1

FR3 Connexx TV with HDMI box in Cabinet

Hi All,
I recently purchased a 2021 FR3. It has a built in Connexx TV model cx43A19. Behind the rv in a cabinet there is a separate HDMI/USB box connected to the TV.

If I connect an iPad with an hdmi cable and play a movie, I get nothing on all input sources. I have done this on at least 3 other home and prior 5th wheel tv’s.

I am thing someone must have gotten this to work…What am I doing wrong.. has anyone gotten one of these remote hdmi boxes to play a movie and if you have.. what was the magic set of settings?
WCDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCDoering View Post
If I connect an iPad with an hdmi cable and play a movie, I get nothing on all input sources.
To confirm, have you tested the iPad when connected directly to the other TVs in the RV?
Old 10-01-2022, 07:51 AM   #3

Yea… thought about that also… From what I can tell, the TV is permanently mounted to the cabinet door. No books and hinges like my prior 5th wheel. My guess is that is why it has the separate box. So… I can’t get to the back of the TV without going into a disassembly process.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:42 AM   #4

The TV has mounting hardware attached that fits into keyhole slots which are screwed into the cabinet. It can can be removed by sliding it up and then pulling it forward. You should then be able to see if the cable running from the box is attached to HDMI2.

I got tired of needing to physically connect my iPad anytime I wanted to watch something. I replaced the main TV with a Samsung smart TV that came with streaming apps and the ability to mirror my iPad’s screen. It is much more convenient.

I set the old TV outside my RV with a sign “FREE works great”. It was gone before we finished dinner.
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the tip regarding how the rv is attached. I will try that.

Before you replaced your tv, did the remote hdmi box work and the connexx tv work?
Old 10-02-2022, 11:24 AM   #6

Yes, they worked fine with both my DVD player and my iPad with an HDMI adapter.
2011 Honda CRV toad
Old 10-02-2022, 07:40 PM   #7

Rvwino… thank you very much. My wife and I were able lift the TV off. Behind it there was a hdmi cable with a bent end. I ran my iPad direct to the hdmi port 3, and it worked… plays movies perfect now. Thank you again.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #8

Great! Glad it was an easy fix.
2011 Honda CRV toad

Tags
fr3