Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #1

FR3 Eric

Eric thanks for being available to answer questions on the Forum. My question is I have a 2015 FR3 30DS . We recently found water in the computer tray and were unable to find where it was coming from. We were in the MH one day cleaning it up when it started to rain. We looked at the windshield and saw a drip coming from above. I looked everywhere and could not find the source. I looked on the bunk above the driver and passenger seats and still could not find any water. I put a plastic sheet and a towel over the dash and the tray. We have had some really good down pours in North Carolina in the last few weeks and still no more water on the towel on the dash. Have you heard about anyone else having this problem? I appreciate you checking on this for me. Thank you for being here.
progolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #2

We had precisely the same problem, with precisely the same outcome. Small drip (well, ours was dead center on the dash), cleaned it up, and it never happened again. My only real speculative guess is that there may have been some small-ish leak in some gap on the roof, and the self-leveling compound re-leveled to cover it. (The coach was less than two weeks old at the time)
SEGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by progolfer View Post
Eric thanks for being available to answer questions on the Forum. My question is I have a 2015 FR3 30DS . We recently found water in the computer tray and were unable to find where it was coming from. We were in the MH one day cleaning it up when it started to rain. We looked at the windshield and saw a drip coming from above. I looked everywhere and could not find the source. I looked on the bunk above the driver and passenger seats and still could not find any water. I put a plastic sheet and a towel over the dash and the tray. We have had some really good down pours in North Carolina in the last few weeks and still no more water on the towel on the dash. Have you heard about anyone else having this problem? I appreciate you checking on this for me. Thank you for being here.
I would check the seal around the windshield if this problem occurs again. Also check to make sure that the windows in the cockpit are closed all of the way. The last spot I would check would the seal between the front cap and the roof. If water is leaking in the coach, you should be able to see the interior side walls possible bubble under the wall board, and a slight color change.
FR3Eric is offline   Reply With Quote