Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #1

FR3 Frustration

We purchased our 2020 FR3 30DS this past January. After five camping trips the refrigerator stopped working the first week in July. It took 3 weeks for the dealer we purchased from to get us into the shop and another week to fix. This weekend we were prepping for a week long trip, we turned the refrigerator on last night to let it cool down. Today as we started to load the refrigerator suddenly it stopped working just like before. Called the dealer and they said call back Monday to schedule an appointment. So frustrating. Called the extended warranty company and all they put me in touch with a RV tech by phone which didn’t help.
So basically we out of commission for 6 weeks + and had to cancel two reservations at the last minute. Fortunately we won’t lose our deposits if we reschedule in 2020 at both campgrounds.
Plan on contacting Forest River and ask for and extension of our warranty since we lost all this time due to their faulty product.
Sorry for the long rant, we’re just so frustrated with losing most of the summer after purchasing a new motorhome.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:16 AM   #2
edm

You can try and get ahold of the refrigerator company and see if they can help you out.The refrigerator is under warranty for 3 years I believe. They should be able to find you a person that can take care of your problem.
Good luck.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:17 PM   #3

look for a certified mobile tech that can come to your coach.
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #4

FYI — many boats have similar refrigerators so those repair shops might help as well.
JK8972389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
FR3 Division

Please reach to to Forest River directly to see if they can help you with your Norcold refrigerator issue. Our parts / Warranty department can be reached at 574-206-7600
Michael Hums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #6

I had a FR3 32DS and had tons of problems with it. I owned it for 2 yrs and had to repair just about everything on it. The warranty dept rep was fantastic about getting parts etc for me, and I even had them pick it up and take it back for factory repairs. After 2 yrs of repairs , everything worked perfect, but I didn't want it anymore. I was tired of all the time spent making repairs. We sold it and the new owners absolutely love it. .
It is good to see that a Forest River rep chimed in on this blog to offer advise to the o.p. to contact the warranty dept. BRAVO !!!
Old 09-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #7

The issue started on Saturday so we had to cancel our trip. The dealer we purchased from really stepped up and got us in on Wednesday to look at our coach. They contacted Norcold and were told there have been issues with the freezer fans in some FR3 four door refrigerators. Norcold sent two new fans and in the meantime the dealer explained the problem and gave us a quick lesson on which fuse to change in the control panel. The dealer will install the fans as soon as they arrive. Due to the dealer and Norcold responding so quickly we were able to call the campground and still get a site from Thursday to Sunday .
So a big kudos to Meyers RV superstore in Harrisburg PA, Norcold and the Forest River agent for their help with our issue.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #8

Isn't it great when the manufacturers and the dealer work together to help resolve a problem quickly. Like I said earlier , I was very impressed with Forest Rivers FR3 warranty division, they helped me many times.

Tags
fr3