Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #21

Thumbs up Drip, drip, drip,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickemo View Post
We had our 2020 FR3 30DS at the dealer November 4 - December 7 getting refrigerator, bedroom slide, water leaking and other small items repaired.
Sunday December 13 we left Pa ahead of the snowstorm headed for three weeks in South Padre Island TX then on to Key West FL for a few weeks in January.
We camped without issue for two nights in Tennessee then two nights in Mississippi. We stopped for a night in Beaumont TX and when we hooked up to city water the shower, bathroom faucet and toilet were fine but the kitchen faucet was a slow dribble. I took the faucet apart and found no obstruction.
Today we arrived at our campground in South Padre Island and when we hooked up to city water we had water in the shower and bathroom faucet. A slow dribble in the toilet and kitchen sink. Any suggestions?

We love our FR3 but we’ve had so many problems and those have cost us many lost camping nights along with lost deposits at campgrounds due to these issues. The RV has spend more than 50 days at the dealer along with the lost time waiting to get scheduled into the dealer. That basically reduces the 12 month warranty to a 10 month warranty.

Have you tried using a water "regulator" on the city water hose connection to lower the water pressure that may be too high causing the dripping?
PS Love your rig, ours is a 2015 30DS with a 16 Wrangler.
Jlakemonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlakemonter View Post
Have you tried using a water "regulator" on the city water hose connection to lower the water pressure that may be too high causing the dripping?
PS Love your rig, ours is a 2015 30DS with a 16 Wrangler.
I didn't understand the problem to be water dripping. I/We read it as only a dribble of water comes out when the valve is opened.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I didn't understand the problem to be water dripping. I/We read it as only a dribble of water comes out when the valve is opened.
The dripping is a slow drizzle when the kitchen faucet is opened. It takes 30-40 seconds to fill a cup. Hot and cold water come out of the faucet.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:26 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
The dripping is a slow drizzle when the kitchen faucet is opened. It takes 30-40 seconds to fill a cup. Hot and cold water come out of the faucet.

Right. This is nothing a pressure regulator would solve.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #25

Suggestions have been made. This is a very strange problem indeed.

Maybe a mobile rv service tech could assist?

A few are interested in what this turns out to be.
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParise View Post
Suggestions have been made. This is a very strange problem indeed.

Maybe a mobile rv service tech could assist?

A few are interested in what this turns out to be.
We are a campground in South Padre Island, Texas. The office gave me a number for a local mobile RV tech that they recommend. I called yesterday and they will be here Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks so much for all your replies. I will be sure to keep all on this thread updated.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:12 PM   #27
edm

If you have the same problem with cold or hot water chances are good your screen in the faucets are plugged. Remove the screens and flush the system real good. The toilet can get plugged at the water valve, there have been many posts on this problem over the years.

Just a side note your water system is fairly well protected from freezing in cold weather. We have had our rig out in 20 degree weather and no problems at all. The tanks have heating pads under them and when your furnace is in use there is heat in the water compartments under neath.

Good luck and hope you get it all figured out.

Let us know what you find.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #28

Quote:
We had our 2020 FR3 30DS at the dealer November 4 - December 7 getting refrigerator, bedroom slide, water leaking and other small items repaired.
Sunday December 13 we left Pa ahead of the snowstorm headed for three weeks in South Padre Island TX then on to Key West FL for a few weeks in January.
We camped without issue for two nights in Tennessee then two nights in Mississippi. We stopped for a night in Beaumont TX and when we hooked up to city water the shower, bathroom faucet and toilet were fine but the kitchen faucet was a slow dribble. I took the faucet apart and found no obstruction.
Today we arrived at our campground in South Padre Island and when we hooked up to city water we had water in the shower and bathroom faucet. A slow dribble in the toilet and kitchen sink. Any suggestions?

We love our FR3 but we’ve had so many problems and those have cost us many lost camping nights along with lost deposits at campgrounds due to these issues. The RV has spend more than 50 days at the dealer along with the lost time waiting to get scheduled into the dealer. That basically reduces the 12 month warranty to a 10 month warranty.
PM sent
BShuttleworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #29

Did the mobile rv tech show yet? Hope all is well
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #30

Can you get an air compressor and blow out the lines?
Also, do you have any type of water filter on some of the lines?
And, one last suggestion, do you have 1/4 turn valves installed that could have been accidentally turned while driving?
Accountingphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:59 PM   #31

have you trying new water filter ?
Maverick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #32

I agree with nomad297. I have the equivalent Georgetown 30x3 motor home. This has happened to me many times. It is the hot water anode rod debris getting into your plumbing system. Sink faucet screens need cleaned and you have to remove the valve from the back of the toilet, which has a screen and will also be clogged. At least that’s been my issue many times.
George18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:17 AM   #33

Be aware that the kitchen faucet on the 2020 FR3 often has the problem of dribbling water. Warranty will pay for the replacement. Some will select a different faucet altogether and to pay the difference if it’s more expensive.

Also be aware that the floor may yellow door to incorrect glue being used. Again, warranty win pay for the floor replacement.

Finally, if you have the model 300 plastic toilet, watch for leaks. Warranty will replace that well.
Lfresin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:18 AM   #34

Question Possible Kinked Water Line

I had a problem with my old TT one time when a water line got re-routed during some work and after giggling down the road it kinked. Don't know if that could be applicable to your situation, but it seems like the fellas have covered the "normal" possibilities really well so far.
Best of luck to you and hope the Holidays treat you well!

Paul & Sherida Hodel and Coco Chanel, the Chocolate Cockapoo and the family's prized possession!
New TT: 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS, 570 watts of solar + 300 AH of Battle Borne lithium batteries.
TV: 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500
GrandpaPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #35

FR3 water

I had an FR3 30DS and found the factory almost always leaves plastic shavings in the water lines and tanks. It commonly causes the toilet line to clog. If you have the dribble problem in all faucets it could be the shavings blocking the flow from the tanks.

First try checking the screen on the pump, that probably is not the issue but an easy elimination, then try to back flush. To do this you need to send water back thru the system from the faucet. Not easy to do while on the road. I sued a device called a water bandit. It’s a rubber flexible hose on one side with a hose bib on the other. Usually used to take water from a nozzle that has been intentionally left with no connection like in a national park. The fitting allows you to attach to the faucet (this is not a perfect solution and requires two persons).

Connect a hose to you campground water with the pressure reducer on it before trying to back flush. If this works you’ll need to drain the holding tank and low point drains to get the pieces out. On mine these drains had screens taped in them and had to cut the screens off to get the plastic parts out. Goid luck.
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:16 AM   #36

Do you use a water pressure regulator?
DCoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #37

I have one of the first FR#;s that came off the line, a 2014. There are always shake down issues with buying a new Motor Home and I have found, I do things myself, dealers not to be the best, too much down time and too many things their mechanics just do not know.. I like calling a RV repair that comes to my camp site. They do not take the warranty but for me it has been worth the cost. They, and the help lines with Forest River and the manufactures of component that is giving a problem has been the best way to go. If you do not have mechanical ability this is just like your car, you need to have a budget to have things repaired, Most of what has been a problem with mine has been an item thay install from another manufacture, like the heater. The repair people that come out to the sit have seen these issues all the time and know what to do. I also use a service near my hose that is not a dealer, same issues, they know what to do and work on all units. Dealers are good training places for people that go else where after they learn the skill set for better pay.
John Erzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #38

Faucet problem

Check your outside shower. Make sure it is in the off position.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:14 PM   #39

So, I finally have something to report back to all of you on my FR3 water issues.

The Mobile RV technician finally was able to fix our issue with the toilet.
The toilet flush valve was totally full of debris. He replaced the valve and the toilet is working as before.
The kitchen sink faucet has been improving every day to the point where it is back to the normal flow.
I remove the screen 2-3 times a day and dump out any debris.
We camped for more than 50 nights in PA and NC without any water clogging issues. After 4 nights in TN, MS and TX we started seeing issues. The Mobile RV technician mentioned that the water here in South Padre Island is very hard. Maybe that’s been the case in the other stops we made along the way. We always use the CAMCO Tastepure Water Filter whenever we hookup to city water in a CG.

Anyway, thanks so much for all your responses, these forums are a great resource. Also, Kudos to BSHUTTLEWORTH from Forest River for reaching out with a PM and the Forest River FR3 Rep for taking time to talk with me on the phone.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:36 AM   #40

Quote:
So, I finally have something to report back to all of you on my FR3 water issues.

The Mobile RV technician finally was able to fix our issue with the toilet.
The toilet flush valve was totally full of debris. He replaced the valve and the toilet is working as before.
The kitchen sink faucet has been improving every day to the point where it is back to the normal flow.
I remove the screen 2-3 times a day and dump out any debris.
We camped for more than 50 nights in PA and NC without any water clogging issues. After 4 nights in TN, MS and TX we started seeing issues. The Mobile RV technician mentioned that the water here in South Padre Island is very hard. Maybe that’s been the case in the other stops we made along the way. We always use the CAMCO Tastepure Water Filter whenever we hookup to city water in a CG.

Anyway, thanks so much for all your responses, these forums are a great resource. Also, Kudos to BSHUTTLEWORTH from Forest River for reaching out with a PM and the Forest River FR3 Rep for taking time to talk with me on the phone.
Glad you were able to be taken care of, I hope you have a Happy New Year!
BShuttleworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3