RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #221
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerber77 View Post
We purchased from a local dealer/installer - he was wiring up the extra cameras and sensors for us so had him do all of the speakers as well - but here is the unit we installed JL Audio MBT-CRX Marine-rated Bluetooth® adapter with AVRCP at Crutchfield.com and an up close of it on our coach Attachment 118193 this was installed with the bigger JL audio speakers and an amp - all was mounted and wired just under the tv housing where there is open space - all marine grade so water and impact resistant Attachment 118194
Interesting. The last thing I want to hear when camping is a radio or music. I consider that stuff noise pollution....

I carry a small CCrane weather radio. Thats it.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #222
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 97
Three questions/ 1. What brand of Macerator, 2. Are u used compressors to maintain tire pressure? 3. I did not see eyebrow

Have a great day/ Bear
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #223
Senior Member
 
Antone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearister View Post
Just completed following to 2014 FR3 31'

Convert to 50 Amp Serv.
3 /100 watt solar panels with controller
2000 watt inverter
2 6 volt batteries in series with 12 volt in parallel
Bogart Battery monitor
Second air conditioner
Have not changed out Generator / thus need to be land based to operate both Air units/ Not sure I will change this

Removed front couch/bed and booth/ Replaced with two small recliners and 2 person/desk table

Replaced/upgraded all speakers

Yes, all this was an adventure ! I will provide pictures

Pleased with result but not for the faint of heart.

Bear

What type of speakers inside and outside? Mine sound horrible.


Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #224
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearister View Post
Just completed following to 2014 FR3 31'

Convert to 50 Amp Serv.
3 /100 watt solar panels with controller
2000 watt inverter
2 6 volt batteries in series with 12 volt in parallel
Bogart Battery monitor
Second air conditioner
Have not changed out Generator / thus need to be land based to operate both Air units/ Not sure I will change this

Removed front couch/bed and booth/ Replaced with two small recliners and 2 person/desk table

Replaced/upgraded all speakers

Yes, all this was an adventure ! I will provide pictures

Pleased with result but not for the faint of heart.

Bear
I want to install an inverter. Can you provide some details as to how you hooked it up? Mounting, route of wire, etc. Thanks
BEIGE BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #225
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Broward County
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
What type of speakers inside and outside? Mine sound horrible.


Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
FR3 OUTDOOR SPEAKERS

FR3 INDOOR SPEAKERS
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #226
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
on the entry closet shelves -- is that a bought shelving unit or if made what are dimensions? these shelves in question are in post #88.
SylLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #227
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 604
FR3 Pictures of Mods

Keener 77 I love all your mods!! Wow wow. Where did you get the cupboard doors for the cabinet in the bedroom


2015 fr3 towing a Suzuki grand vatara. Yo Canada
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #228
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Kicker View Post
Added Shelving
Some shelving, sliding drawers, and under dash cabinet we added: Originally posted in another thread.

Entry Closet


Under Dinette both benches: Slides out: Original door closure: Seat Belts still attached.


Under Dash: wedged into place: no more bounce.
11-1/4" wide
9-1/2" tall in front
10" deep
7-1/2" tall in back (tapered to fit)


Bedroom Closets both sides:


Bathroom Cupboard:
is the entry shelving bought or did you make it? if bought -- where did you get this? if not do you have diminsions?
SylLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #229
rsr
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mohnton,Pa.
Posts: 3
Any thoughts on hanging a 8ft. ladder on the roof ladder of a 286rl 5th wheel?
rsreigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #230
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasFR3 View Post
It was from Lowes, like the automotive drawers I think. A countersunk phillips w/washer was used on both locations. So far, I've just wrapped the paracord, tighten it down and trimmed the paracord. It seems like its holding just fine. Got the idea from another forum where they used a flat nylon strap instead.
did it still hold up for u last season??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #231
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatcoal View Post
did it still hold up for u last season??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forest River Forums mobile app
It did good. We visited a buddy at Fort Hood for Xmas, and the wind caught the door and ripped it out of his hands. The string came undone from the screw, but saved the shock absorber for sure. I thought it was a goner when I saw it fly open, but the string took the brunt of the force, and the shock was able to catch the last little bit of motion. Saved me $13 and possibly a bent door frame. I just loosened up the screw a bit, twisted that paracord back around the screw and tightened it back down and was good to go. No harm! He was petrified, but all is good.
__________________
Mike
2015 FR3 30DS
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #232
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasFR3 View Post
It did good. We visited a buddy at Fort Hood for Xmas, and the wind caught the door and ripped it out of his hands. The string came undone from the screw, but saved the shock absorber for sure. I thought it was a goner when I saw it fly open, but the string took the brunt of the force, and the shock was able to catch the last little bit of motion. Saved me $13 and possibly a bent door frame. I just loosened up the screw a bit, twisted that paracord back around the screw and tightened it back down and was good to go. No harm! He was petrified, but all is good.
nice mod... gonna do it this spring. Thanks K

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:31 AM   #233
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 23
Kerber77

How do you like the VIAIR setup? Is it adequate for your needs?
Thanks
nvydvrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #234
Senior Member
 
Knoxie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearister View Post
Just completed following to 2014 FR3 31'

2 6 volt batteries in series with 12 volt in parallel

Bear
How did you mount the two extra batteries?
__________________
FR3 Fuelly
Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #235
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 37
Question re modifications/renos

We purchased our 2016 FR3 last summer and we would like to make it feel more like "us" with some cosmetic changes. Will this affect our warranty?? Thank you for your experience!
KevandSyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #236
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING
 
drivmsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevandSyl View Post
We purchased our 2016 FR3 last summer and we would like to make it feel more like "us" with some cosmetic changes. Will this affect our warranty?? Thank you for your experience!
Cosmetic changes should not affect your warranty. I did many during my warranty period on our 2014 30DS and when I took it in for warranty work, no one said a word.
__________________
Smooth Roads, and, Drive 'em Safe

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #237
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 604
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1490376942.586288.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	132693 one of the most convenient modifications we have done to our FR3... an IKEA shelf over the bed.. a place for glasses .. water bottle.. and other bedroom tools lol
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #238
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 604
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1490377087.029270.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	132694 IKEA system in the bathroom... two screws for rail and then the cup holders snap on .. very convenient and keeps everything in place
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #239
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful64 View Post
Attachment 132693 one of the most convenient modifications we have done to our FR3... an IKEA shelf over the bed.. a place for glasses .. water bottle.. and other bedroom tools lol
how did you mount this on the wall?
__________________
Retired USAF
2018 FR3 29DS
Calls Space Coast of Florida home...but Roll Tide
bamagrad1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:26 PM   #240
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 604
The shelf was screwed right into the headboard easy peasy
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.