Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #1

FR3 water leak under the main slide

Had my 2018 FR3 30DS in storage for approx one month. When I started driving away from the storage lot water came out from under the main slide and ran towards the refrigerator.
While camping with the slide extended had several rainy days, I saw no leaks while slide was out, before closing I went up on the roof and used a garden blower to get the water off the slide topper, saw no standing water on the slide roof, only on the sag in the awning slide topper.
When I closed the slide water ran across the floor underneath the main slide.

Are there any locations on the slide outer wall that should be caulked / sealed?
Have any other FR3 owners had a similar experience?
This is my first leak since purchasing in 2018.
Thanks
Charles Skarbrevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:46 AM   #2

Had a similar situation with my 2018 FR3 29DS. Finally discovered that the clamp securing the flexible drain line from the kitchen sink to the ABS drain line to the gray water tank had come loose. I had to pull out the oven/cook top to get to it. The water would always appear after retracting the main slide with the kitchen sink. Not sure of your layout, but it's worth looking into.

2018 FR3 29DS
TOAD - 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
zipmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #3

Check and seal where bottom of the exterior wall meets the lower trim piece on the slide. Mine had water leaking in there when it rained and would leak out on the inside when driving.
ducksquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #4

I am having the exact problem right now. We dried it out under the benches of the dinette where it was presenting, and the wife just called to say the puddle is back and where it seems to be dripping is under the window.
Bruce Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #5

I have issue no leaks while raining. Close slide and then it comes out from under couch and dinette. Also similar issue above passenger. Nothing while raining but while driving when I apply brakes it drips in right corner of windshield and cab
brian1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:03 PM   #6
NXR

FR3 water leak under the main slide

Check the gutters for seams where two pieces of gutter join. FR has been known to not caulk that seam and it allows water to run many places, including down the side of the slide and coming out the bottom of the slide.

They also did not caulk exterior trim seams and I could see screws in the gap, fortunately not rusty yet.

I also have trim pieces that run under the slides and FR only caulked the first few inches of the trim where it goes under the slide. So with the slides in the top of those trim pieces could allow water to run into and behind the trim.

Ray
Old 09-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #7

I think I have isolated my issue. It looks like the sealant has come off the bolts on the rear portion of the top of the slide. My RV slab is slanted rearward for drainage. When the coach is not leveled the rain water pools at that location. It looks like it is getting in there and travelling down the exterior wall. I am going to re-seal all the joints and hardware on the top of the slide, and see what happens.
Bruce Sr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, leak, slide, water, water leak