Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Leaking

My fresh water tank has a slow, persistent drip from the drain tubes underneath the tank. Anyone experienced this or have a solution?
hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

It is the crimp connection? our trailer had a slower from day one. I crimped the connector a bit more and problem solved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #3

Your low water and fresh water drains should be threaded with male screw in plugs in them. The other (the one without a plug) is a fresh water overflow from the top of the tank and should not be dripping unless the slosh of the water creates a siphon effect.

Take a look at the pipes and find out if you have screw in plugs and if so tighten them. If they are tight and the drip is from the overflow pipe, search this forum using the word "siphon".
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #4

Mine was a loose crimp connection on the low point drain, (other blue hose). Same here, tightened and no more drip.
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #5

Mine has a slow leak from the drain hose underneath the fresh water tank. It is not coming from the "low Point" drains. It has a valve to open to drain the tank, but the leak is above that. My TT is less than a week old, so back to the dealer it goes for repair.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #6

Fresh Water Tank Leaking

I was going to suggest that if is valved that maybe a piece of trash is in valve. Open & close the valve several time.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
I was going to suggest that if is valved that maybe a piece of trash is in valve. Open & close the valve several time.

Russell
My first thought was it was the valve, because the drip appeared to be coming from there. However, I watched for a couple minutes and saw the leak running down the drain tube. So, it's higher up. To be safe I completely drained the tank until it can be fixed.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Check the crimp connection as well. Mine leaked like a sieve when I first got the trailer. I could see the water coming from the crimp area of the fitting (POS piece of plastic). A squeeze with some channel locks tightened it up and no more leaks.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:24 PM   #9
Canadian eh'

Hi, just got a 2016 Grey Wolf. I noticed a leak/drip coming from underneath the fresh water tank. I'm not sure if the solution is to "crimp the connector" or if I have to do something else. It's not too easy for me to get underneath the trailer so I will get a friend to do so for me.

I took a picture and caught a drip as it was about to fall from the left nipple. There are 2 nipples beside each other, can someone tell me what they are use for? The overflow rubber hose is at the far right.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150829_121455.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	90814  
Fusionak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionak View Post
Hi, just got a 2016 Grey Wolf. I noticed a leak/drip coming from underneath the fresh water tank. I'm not sure if the solution is to "crimp the connector" or if I have to do something else. It's not too easy for me to get underneath the trailer so I will get a friend to do so for me.

I took a picture and caught a drip as it was about to fall from the left nipple. There are 2 nipples beside each other, can someone tell me what they are use for? The overflow rubber hose is at the far right.

Thank you.
Looks like a low point piping drain. Any chance there is a drain valve open or cracked?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionak View Post

Thank you.
Since I just bought it I took it back to the deal to let them figure it out. Turns out my whole water take was installed incorrectly from the factory causing excess pressure to build up in the take. It also not mounted at the correct angle contributing to the leak. All fixed now.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #12
Canadian eh'

Holy cow... I didn't think it could be that big of an issue. Guess I should take it in to make sure. Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #13
Canadian eh'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Looks like a low point piping drain. Any chance there is a drain valve open or cracked?
I'll first check for cracks or loose connection before taking it in
Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #14

Did you try to just tighten the threaded part on the end of the low point drain? That is a common issue that is easily fixed.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:26 AM   #15
Canadian eh'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
Did you try to just tighten the threaded part on the end of the low point drain? That is a common issue that is easily fixed.

Yes I did. I tightened it by hand as I was told if I use a tool I could break it. Just to point out though, this is underneath my fresh water tank. I have separate low point drains (red and blue) near my hot water tank.

I'll be getting underneath it this weekend to get a better look. I'll update this thread on results.

Thanks.

Tags
fresh water, leak, tank, water, water tank