Old 03-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #1

Front window shade

My 2020 FR3 has a motorized front window shade. Itís only 5 weeks old, purchased new, and Iíve taken it out 3 times for just one night each time. I was putting the shades down to park it last time, and the front shade only goes down about 6 inches, then stops. It worked fine the other 3 times I used it. It retracts normally from that position. Rather than driving an hour and a half to the dealer, does anyone know if there is a simple fix or thing to check to see if I can get it to go all the way down? Or is there a way to disengage the motor and use it manually? When I take it in for service Iíll have the professionals look at it but I hate to make a separate trip. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Ldultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #2

It sounds like it is just coming down to the sunshade (sun visor) setting. The shade probably just needs reprograming and that is an easy thing to do. However; the procedure is different for what mfg company made the shade. Up in the left side of the shade should be a small pull out press button switch. It will be stowed somewhere in the upper left side. MCD and Carefree are 2 of the mfg's.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:37 AM   #3

Here is MDC'c procedure. Go to page 8 and follow the re-program procedure. It is the same procedure for a dual or single windshield shade.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mcd shade.pdf (861.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #4

Just a note. The programming for ignition ON is typically where your shade is coming down to.The ignition has to be OFF for the shade to come all the way down. Was the ignition ON/OFF?
Old 03-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Just a note. The programming for ignition ON is typically where your shade is coming down to.The ignition has to be OFF for the shade to come all the way down. Was the ignition ON/OFF?
Thank you so much for your response! I had actually turned the ignition off and then remembered I wanted to lower the shade to prevent UV damage, and that is likely the answer. I can't try it out immediately as I'm parked elsewhere (homeowners association) but I'll try this out next time I get in the RV. If that's not it I'll check on the manufacturer and reprogram if necessary. I appreciate you giving me all this information! Regards.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM   #6

Front Shade Recall

We have a 2018 30DS and there was a factory recall repair we had done on ours. The shades were dropping while in motion! Call FR to verify if yours needs done or not
BatesMotel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatesMotel2 View Post
We have a 2018 30DS and there was a factory recall repair we had done on ours. The shades were dropping while in motion! Call FR to verify if yours needs done or not
This recall has nothing to do with the OP's issue.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #8

Awning for 30DS

No kidding Bubbles.... But if you own a 30DS you might want to know about a potentially dangerous condition that could exist on your shade....or not
BatesMotel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatesMotel2 View Post
No kidding Bubbles.... But if you own a 30DS you might want to know about a potentially dangerous condition that could exist on your shade....or not
Yes, there is a recall for 2017 through 2019 dated units with Irvine windshield shades. The OP's coach is a 2020 and it may not even have an Irvine shade.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #10

Smile

Again, thanks for the responses. The vehicle is fine, it's the driver that is the problem. Indeed, when the engine is running it goes to the sun shade position and only when the engine is off does it go all the way down. Makes sense from a safety perspective, but it was one more thing I didn't know (there are a lot of them) and Bubbles helped me figure it out!

Tags
window

« Awning drop? | - »