Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #1

Frustrated with fr3

I swear I'm so angry at first river right now. U bought my fr3 in oct 18. Its a 19. The floor was scratch said they would fix it but Nov 1 I called and the still didnt have part. Started our trip. The trip fell off the slide second time it went out. It wasn't touching any thing. Third time the read slide went out the legs started bending. Now they are hanging by one nail. The toilet sensor says its 3/4 full even after dumping . The left camera stopped working. The back up camera is not focused straight back. The cabinet door has fallen off as it's only held on my 2screws. Tonight was going to use dinette as a bed and the table is too narrow it slides off rails as soon as any weight is put in it. And of course falling off the rails damaged the dinette area. I've called forest river corporate 3times to try to find where I can get service since I'm now far from home. Everytime I get voice mail and it says they will call within 42 ,hours. Havent heard back yet. I'm angry . Does anyone have a better way to contact them. I wish I had bought a different brand.
Lyndall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndall View Post
I swear I'm so angry at first river right now. U bought my fr3 in oct 18. Its a 19. The floor was scratch said they would fix it but Nov 1 I called and the still didnt have part. Started our trip. The trip fell off the slide second time it went out. It wasn't touching any thing. Third time the read slide went out the legs started bending. Now they are hanging by one nail. The toilet sensor says its 3/4 full even after dumping . The left camera stopped working. The back up camera is not focused straight back. The cabinet door has fallen off as it's only held on my 2screws. Tonight was going to use dinette as a bed and the table is too narrow it slides off rails as soon as any weight is put in it. And of course falling off the rails damaged the dinette area. I've called forest river corporate 3times to try to find where I can get service since I'm now far from home. Everytime I get voice mail and it says they will call within 42 ,hours. Havent heard back yet. I'm angry . Does anyone have a better way to contact them. I wish I had bought a different brand.
Have you called CoachNet? A year of CoachNet was included with your FR3.
They have 24/7 RV technical and roadside assistance. They will also help help you find a local Forest River dealer.

They were able to help me when I had a bedroom slide failure.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #3

I've had good luck with sending in the question via email. They have always contacted me withing 24 hours. And directly called me..

Forest River RV Contact Us - Forest River, Inc.
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Instead of attempting to contact Forest River, the parent company, I'd try to contact the FR3 division.
Service

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #5

I contacted Nicholas Hoover and he was a GREAT HELP for us when we had trouble. I even had them pick it up and drive it to the factory for repairs. They had it for 4 weeks. I made a 10 page punch (single line spaced) list of items that needed repair.

My FR3 32DS is the worst manufactured coach I have ever owned. It is all fixed now (by me mostly) but I don't care for it because of all the problems we had. We are going to an RV show in town tonight to look at other coaches. We will look at new, but will probably end up with a 2-4 yr old Newmar or other quality BUILT COACH.

I know all coaches have some problems, but ours had way too many to mention. They numbered well over 100. Good thing I am handy and can fix most anything. In my opinion Forest River RV's rate about a 1 or 2 on a scale of 1-10.

Good luck with your repairs.

I find lots of Bourbon & Coke helps me when I work on my FR3.
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #6

A lot of the stuff is fixable with no frustration the dinnet needs a filler the cabinet door the holes are stripped so add some glue to a small piece of wood insert it into the hole and install the screws. The black tank sensor has a piece of toilet paper covering it. 3/4 fill the tank with fresh water and go for a drive a windy one that will dislodge the paper. You will have to Waite on the floor
Iankerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #7

There has to be a fuse or a wire off for the left camera but the rear is adjustable
Old 01-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #8

The left camera wire is probably loose where it plugs into the multiplexer. The multiplexer is located behind the center panel on the dash which holds the monitor screen . It is a small metal box and the camera cables connect to it.

Bob
Old 01-29-2019, 12:42 PM   #9

My 32DS is at the dealer for a non-functioning left camera as we speak. FR overnighted me the part, the multiplexer under the dash is not very impressive... standard AV cables.
Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #10

I pushed in all the cables and got all the cameras to sho on the screen . I then fed the rear camera input into the new multiplexer and fed the output from the new multiplexer to a new camera monitor from amazon and mounted it on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. This gives me full time monitoring of the back end of the rv and my toad car. I did this because my system usually responded slow when switching from a side camera to the rear camera.
I ALWAYS want to know what is going on behind the rv and can always use the side mirrors if the side cameras start going nuts.

Still don't like my FR3 32DS I started looking for at Tiffen RV products now (3-4 yrs old)
Old 01-29-2019, 01:42 PM   #11

Got a link for the new multiplexer KY Bob?
Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM   #12

the multiplexer is part # RVS-501N $39.95 from www.rearviewsafety.com
the monitor I used was made by PYLE . it is a 7" color monitor & was $34.00
I purchased it from Amazon....Here is a link

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Porta...productDetails
Old 01-31-2019, 10:41 AM   #13

Hey KY Bob!
Before I head out into this polar vortex to look for myself, are the camera inputs accessible without tearing the dash apart? My left camera went out on our last adventure.
I do like your idea of putting the rear cam on its own monitor. I have the same issue with wanting to keep an eye on what's behind.
OR as you are close by I could just bring my 30DS down for you to tinker on for a while!
All the best from Frankfort,
Garth
Old 01-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #14

Hi Garth,

The camera cable inputs can be accessed by unscrewing the center panel on the dash and slowly lifting it up and looking down at the floor under the panel and you will be able to see the multiplexer and where the cables plug into it.

Sometimes the multiplexer can be seen by looking between the floor and the bottom of the dash.

Loosen the center panel and look for the multiplexer 1st (with the heat turned on so you don't freeze) and let me know what you come up with.

Then if you are still having trouble, send me a pm if you can't get it figured out & we'll set up a time to visit at my shop. I am very close to I-65 & the airport.

Thank you for your service, it is appreciated

Bob
Old 01-31-2019, 04:28 PM   #15

I realize these are small repairs but dang its 3 months old and to have so many issues. I would think the cosh would be better made.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Bob View Post
I contacted Nicholas Hoover and he was a GREAT HELP for us when we had trouble. I even had them pick it up and drive it to the factory for repairs. They had it for 4 weeks. I made a 10 page punch (single line spaced) list of items that needed repair.

My FR3 32DS is the worst manufactured coach I have ever owned. It is all fixed now (by me mostly) but I don't care for it because of all the problems we had. We are going to an RV show in town tonight to look at other coaches. We will look at new, but will probably end up with a 2-4 yr old Newmar or other quality BUILT COACH.

I know all coaches have some problems, but ours had way too many to mention. They numbered well over 100. Good thing I am handy and can fix most anything. In my opinion Forest River RV's rate about a 1 or 2 on a scale of 1-10.

Good luck with your repairs.

I find lots of Bourbon & Coke helps me when I work on my FR3.
I really think with just a modicum of work these coaches could be good but yeah the number of small things is insane. How hard would it be to hold door on with more than one scree or to put rollers on the bed legs so the dont break. And as for the camera I'm disabled I cant crawl around under the dash. Grrrrr
Old 02-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #17

Hi I agree it’s frustrating to Waite.
I traded a 23 year old rv I look after for 18 years
Did most of the work myself.
I know that in the building process it’s not robots like cars it’s human work.
Manufacturing is subject to to mistakes and feelings. It’s not perfect in any rv or trailer.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #18

You win! I was told that my over 70+ warranty issues was uncommon; only expect 1 or 2 DOZEN. What a LOL!!! This industry (loose term for them) is the most pathetic I have ever experienced. This is regardless of manufacturer or price range (read other manufacturers forums).

Like you I fixed the first 50 myself, but eventually had to retain legal representation when they were of NO ASSISTANCE resetting the front windshield. Yes, I prevailed. They count on customers going away and fixing out of pocket due to their provided aggravation and grief with claims. Can you imagine the auto or home building industry behaving or having a business model like this? Good Luck.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3