Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #1

Fuses

I have a new 2020 fr3 30ds does anyone know what these 5 fuses are for.
I installed a blade disconnect on the coach battery and turned off the switch inside the door for the house batteries and there's still power to the electric step.....why. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3492.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	205150
Rodne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #2

Protection of 12v items? Sorry. Devil made me do it.

If you don’t get an answer then I would take one at a time out and see what quits. Based on the wire size...it doesn’t look like a heavy load. Maybe 3 10-15 amps and a 20-30 amp holder. These should not be for any chassis item as the manufacturer would not use this type. I guess the stickers are unmarked?
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #3

Here ya go
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FR3 Battery Control Center.pdf (469.0 KB, 114 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Here ya go

Bubbles one more question even when I turn off the switch on the inside of the coach for the house batteries (disconnect) there is still power to the steps. Can I install a blade switch shut off (disconnect) on the house batteries and where would I install it. Thanks in advance Rod.
Rodne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodne View Post
Bubbles one more question even when I turn off the switch on the inside of the coach for the house batteries (disconnect) there is still power to the steps. Can I install a blade switch shut off (disconnect) on the house batteries and where would I install it. Thanks in advance Rod.
There is still power to everything that is fused directly to the coach batteries when batteries are disconnected via the disconnect switch. If you want power removed from any of those items (steps/lp detector/awning/bunk/step override) remove the connection to the battery and reconnect to the number 1 stud on the side of the battery disconnect box (ref dwg). That stud is the switched battery output stud. If you just want to install a switch control (doesn't have to be a blade type switch) for the steps power just install it (cut and splice) in line with steps power fuse wire going to the battery. Mount the switch anywhere you want. Bear in mind that if you install a switch for the steps and forget to have the switch closed when exiting the coach someone may step out, expecting steps and duh. Same scenario with moving to stud 1 and battery disconnected. In other words I think connected to battery is a safety feature. Some individuals don't like the steps extending all the time when opening the door (curb etc. interference) and have installed a switch to defeat the magnet actuated door switch on the jamb. I personally have not made any changes to the steps operation. There is one fused item I would move to the number 1 stud and that is the LP DETECTOR fuse so it does not create a parasitic battery drain when the batteries are disconnected. It does not have a switch such as the other items and having it powered while in storage (batteries disconnected) doesn't make sense.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse