Old 10-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #1

Good Sam Insurance??

Here we go........I called Good Sam (General Ins) to have our collision coverage removed while RV is in storage. I noticed on the policy the garage and mail address were the same. We live in a tri-state area and indoor and covered RV storage is scarce. We actually store ours in a locked covered storage facility 40 miles away in another state. Good Sam says, sorry that raises your premium $300 per year ! I pay for storage to provide additional coverage and security for the RV! What other RV insurance companies do you all use and how do they compare with Good Joke, I mean Good Sam .....thanks for listening!
BatesMotel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatesMotel2 View Post
Here we go........I called Good Sam (General Ins) to have our collision coverage removed while RV is in storage. I noticed on the policy the garage and mail address were the same. We live in a tri-state area and indoor and covered RV storage is scarce. We actually store ours in a locked covered storage facility 40 miles away in another state. Good Sam says, sorry that raises your premium $300 per year ! I pay for storage to provide additional coverage and security for the RV! What other RV insurance companies do you all use and how do they compare with Good Joke, I mean Good Sam .....thanks for listening!
I use Allstate. I just call them on the phone to put my FR3 in 'park.'
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #3

Good Sam Insurance??

Thanks Robert, time to shop again. I see a lot of people have read this thread but no replies
BatesMotel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
I use Allstate. I just call them on the phone to put my FR3 in 'park.'
X2

Ours is attached to our auto policy as a bundle, pretty inexpensive.
Had one claim on it, windstorm peppered the entire roof with dozens of tears and 2 major penetrations of the outside as well as the interior roof in kitchen and dining.
No questions asked, Allstate replaced the whole roof, awnings, slide topper for the $250 deductible AND -- my rates did not increase one penny.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #5

We have Progressive and they have an option from 9/1 to 12/31 to change the RV over to a "winter layup" program. Basically allows one to change coverage on the rig since it isn't actively being used hence saving some $$$. It can than be automatically reinstated to normal level on March 1 or April 1.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:07 AM   #6

I would definitely drop good sam. We use progressive. No issues. I have even had to claim a busted window on our living room slide.

Tags
good sam, insurance